Vatican Tickets

JagDawg Cruiser

I was going to ask the same question as the OP so thanks for the link. One thing, though, when I click on the link it says to choose your tour and I cannot find where to actually buy the tickets....I only see descriptions. What am I doing wrong?

I was going to ask the same question as the OP so thanks for the link. One thing, though, when I click on the link it says to choose your tour and I cannot find where to actually buy the tickets....I only see descriptions. What am I doing wrong?

I looked at that site and found tickets in 3 clicks. Once you click on "choose your tour" you will see several options including "individual visitors" which is likely what you want. So click on that and it brings up a list of dozens of different ticket/tour options. Just click on what you want and eventually you will get where you purchase the ticket.

I will add an important word about buying tour tickets in Europe. There are always third party vendors that will sell tickets...but at a significant mark-up. One should always look for the actual official web site of the attraction...like in this case where you have the link to the Vatican's own Official Site. The only time we would ever consider a third party site is if they provide something we cannot get by booking direct.

Hank

I looked at that site and found tickets in 3 clicks. Once you click on "choose your tour" you will see several options including "individual visitors" which is likely what you want. So click on that and it brings up a list of dozens of different ticket/tour options. Just click on what you want and eventually you will get where you purchase the ticket.

I will add an important word about buying tour tickets in Europe. There are always third party vendors that will sell tickets...but at a significant mark-up. One should always look for the actual official web site of the attraction...like in this case where you have the link to the Vatican's own Official Site. The only time we would ever consider a third party site is if they provide something we cannot get by booking direct.

Hank

Thanks. I found it. I was also looking on http://www.tickitaly.com because they sell tickets to all of the places we're planning on visiting. I compared prices and they are the same as the official sites (as you mentioned to do in your reply).

I guess, the nice thing about tickitaly is that it would be one-stop-shopping instead of going to each individual website for every attraction.

Anyone used it? Want to make sure it's reputable...Thanks!

Thanks. I found it. I was also looking on http://www.tickitaly.com because they sell tickets to all of the places we're planning on visiting. I compared prices and they are the same as the official sites (as you mentioned to do in your reply).

I guess, the nice thing about tickitaly is that it would be one-stop-shopping instead of going to each individual website for every attraction.

Anyone used it? Want to make sure it's reputable...Thanks!

Tickitaly gets mixed reviews. I believe they add some sort of service charge at the end of the transaction.

Personally, I'd rather book directly with the official vendors, e.g., the Vatican website for the Vatican and coopculture for other Rome sites.

Tickitaly gets mixed reviews. I believe they add some sort of service charge at the end of the transaction.

Personally, I'd rather book directly with the official vendors, e.g., the Vatican website for the Vatican and coopculture for other Rome sites.

Agree! Even when you google a tour the resellers always pop up first and often look like they are the official ones. Another example is the Metro, almost all are resellers/tour operators. Atac is the transit operator.

• 1 month later...

So does the Vatican site, I believe it's E4 per ticket.