Carnival Conquest

ChuckinSC

My wife and I will be on a six day Caribbean cruise aboard the Conquest in January.

As you can see in my signature we've mainly sailed with Princess and RCL. This is our first time with Carnival and we've avoided the Carnival 3-day Bahama trips.

We're actually looking forward to trying something new but have a little concern about some stories we've heard, maybe written by cruise snobbists. What do you think? A six day cruise, crazy raucous or not? Carnival stories blown out of proportion? Seriously. Thanks!

Carnival has quiet places to relax (Serenity Adults Deck) as well as places if you want to be with the crowds. It's blown out of proportion. Carnival still has people as i'm sure most lines do that are stubborn and complain about the onboard cream cheese which is a big ongoing joke over on the brand ambassadors site.

There are plenty of activities, never had any issues with the food, crew is generally very good. If there is a specific question; go ahead and let us know.

I think food on Carnival and Princess are a wash - some things are better on each and very subjective to an individuals taste.

Carnival is the fun ship - from hairy chest contests etc on the lido deck to mixology contests. But there are quiet places as well and you can make the cruise your own. For example we are not Lido deck people, love Alchemy bar and comedy club and our balcony.

The primary difference with Princess is that it is a step above in class, from the more subdued design of the ships to the passengers. You don't seem to run into those me first people or the ones that want to wear a dirty t shirt and backwards baseball cap with flip flops and jeans to dinner in the MDR.

In 2 cruises on Princess I don't recall seeing anyone falling down drunk where on most of my CCL cruises I have seen one or two.

We have a great time on CCL. We prefer Princess. But we mainly cruise CCL now because of price and offerings closer to home so we can travel with kids on their short breaks.

So my advice is go and have a fun vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Conquest last summer for a 5-day eastern Caribbean (our first cruise). Not overly raucous at all. I was reading some of the stories in the thread about the worst things people have seen on board and we didn't see any of those types of things. Sure, there were some annoying people, some rude ones, but I didn't feel like it was a huge party atmosphere (which I don't necessarily enjoy myself). Conquest is going into dry dock this fall and is getting a brand new serenity deck. Rumor has it that it's going to be very nice. As good or better than some of the best in the fleet. Since you're not going until January, you'll get to take advantage of that.

My wife and I will be on a six day Caribbean cruise aboard the Conquest in January.

As you can see in my signature we've mainly sailed with Princess and RCL. This is our first time with Carnival and we've avoided the Carnival 3-day Bahama trips.

We're actually looking forward to trying something new but have a little concern about some stories we've heard, maybe written by cruise snobbists. What do you think? A six day cruise, crazy raucous or not? Carnival stories blown out of proportion? Seriously. Thanks!

It is the 3 day weekend cruises on ALL cruise lines that bring in partiers and why not? A three day last minutes cruise is cheaper than a night out in Miami. You won't see that on a 6 day cruise.

We have done a five day and an 8 day in January. You find mainly retired people with a mix of families. Yes, the Lido can be loud and crazy, but if you don't need to be right by the pool, there are plenty of other places to enjoy the sun. Also, we go to the family friendly comedy shows. I have seen some great comedians on Princess who kept things very clean and have experienced the same at the Carnival family friendly shows. The adult shows on Carnival are a very different experience. We don't think the F bomb equals comedy gold so we avoid those.

I did a 5-day cruise on the Conquest over 4th of July last year, followed by a 4-day. Neither of the cruises felt like they were "booze cruises." I actually didn't think the atmosphere was any different than the 7 day Carnival cruises I have been on during non-peak times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any cruise is what you make of it. If you are looking for a more quiet and reserved kind of clientele, you may not enjoy Conquest as much as you would if you weren't. Go with an open mind and open to all new experiences. You will likely find things you like and do not like on your cruise, but your overall attitude can make or break the entire trip. Conquest is a favorite of mine, and I made some of my best cruise memories on it. I would even argue that my Conquest cruise was my favorite to date. Some bad reviews may be from snobs, but others may just be cruisers realizing that Carnival and the Conquest do not match their cruising preferences, and that is totally okay. Go with the mindset looking for what Carnival does right as opposed to what It doesn't, and you're set for an amazing cruise. I wish you the best of trips! :D