Pinnacle - lunch menu same as dinner?

jmpiterniak

We had the lunch and a dinner in the PG on the same day. We always skip Gala dinners and rarely dine in the MDR.

May I ask why you avoid the Gala Dinners? Usually the food is very good on these evenings plus now you do not have to get all dressed up.

Just curious, since you have provided good advice on this board.

May I ask why you avoid the Gala Dinners? Usually the food is very good on these evenings plus now you do not have to get all dressed up.

Just curious, since you have provided good advice on this board.

Thanks for the compliment.

It's not a question of the quality of the food. We simply don't like the MDR environment. We find the MDR to be too noisy and too crowded. Despite the relaxed dress code, there are still those who expect a dressier experience. Quite often you can find the 'special' menu items for Gala night are also on the buffet to include the lobster and filet.

On our next cruise on Rotterdam, we intend to dine four nights in the Pinnacle Grill and two nights in Canaletto (which we believe to be very underrated). Our last night we'll either do room service or the buffet.

Thanks for the compliment.

It's not a question of the quality of the food. We simply don't like the MDR environment. We find the MDR to be too noisy and too crowded. Despite the relaxed dress code, there are still those who expect a dressier experience. Quite often you can find the 'special' menu items for Gala night are also on the buffet to include the lobster and filet.

On our next cruise on Rotterdam, we intend to dine four nights in the Pinnacle Grill and two nights in Canaletto (which we believe to be very underrated). Our last night we'll either do room service or the buffet.

Just in case it is of help, we ate in the Canaletto on the Rotterdam last month. The service was superb and the food good. I am NOT a Canaletto fan, but there are now two I like - Rotterdam and Prinsendam.

If the food and service are anything like what we had, you will really enjoy it :)

Just in case it is of help, we ate in the Canaletto on the Rotterdam last month. The service was superb and the food good. I am NOT a Canaletto fan, but there are now two I like - Rotterdam and Prinsendam.

If the food and service are anything like what we had, you will really enjoy it :)

We were very surprised at how much we enjoyed Canaletto on Oosterdam. We regretted that we did not have time for two dinners there. We intend to correct that on Rotterdam.