Excursions in Falmouth Jamaica and Cozumel

You can snorkel off the beach, but there's not much to see close to shore. Ask when you get there if they have a shorter snorkel excursion, they might be flexible.

Thanks. I actually emailed them yesterday with a few questions and they just got back to me. Sounded like it's the 2-hour excursion or nothing. It's not a deal breaker and we really don't want a separate excursion away from Nachi. My wife just likes to spend time in the ocean and likes snorkeling even if it's not the best.

The whole thing will be her call (happy wife... :)). She also wants to take her parents who are actually on Oasis right now for a B2B and we're joining them next week along with her sister+husband and our nieces who are 7 and 3. Her parents didn't purchase wifi though, they're just gonna each use their one free day (we're all Diamond), so we have to wait to hear from them. We can't surprise them b/c I'm 99% sure they'll insist on staying on the boat with their grandkids.

Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel.....

Jewel Runaway Bay in Falmouth. We booked thru resort for a day also. We've been to Hilton Rose Hall several times but went to Jewel Runaway Bay earlier this month and their water park/lazy river is newer than the Hilton. We also thought that the food was better.

Questions about Nachi for those who have been there...

I'm actually not a beach guy and I don't snorkel but my wife is so I tried to find a beach experience I could enjoy/tolerate with her. I don't tan, I burn (not with sunscreen, but you get the idea, the sun and I have a hate-hate relationship), and I usually get bored just sitting there. Do the Palapas provide sufficient shade?

Nachi was appealing to me because it seemed like you could take breaks from just sitting there to go in the ocean, rent paddle boards (my wife wants to try them and I'm game), have lunch in the covered restaurant area, etc. I'm also a big fan of eating and open bars so the all-inclusive aspect was very appealing.

I've read nothing but good things but figured I would ask with my own preferences in mind. TIA.

We used Ricardo Riley and Liberty Tours to go to Blue Hole in Jamaica. A lot more fun then Dunns River and no where near the amount of people. He picked us up in Falmouth and drove us to the Blue Hole and then took us to lunch at Scotchies which was included in the price. You can check his reviews on Trip Advisor. We are using him again in November and May.

We did the Discovery Dolphin in Cozumel. It was great other then having to deal with the photo people trying to charge an outrageous price. You can negotiate a better price.

Questions about Nachi for those who have been there...

I'm actually not a beach guy and I don't snorkel but my wife is so I tried to find a beach experience I could enjoy/tolerate with her. I don't tan, I burn (not with sunscreen, but you get the idea, the sun and I have a hate-hate relationship), and I usually get bored just sitting there. Do the Palapas provide sufficient shade?

Not really but there is a bar which is covered along with the covered dining area. So for us, there was plenty of shade.

We were in Cozumel a week ago and did Mr Sanchos. Booked in advance and it was great. The water park is challenging- need good upper arm strength to get on most of the attractions. It was small but fun and we had an amazing time. Incredible customer service. Alcohol was all inclusive was not top shelf but still enjoyable. Food was great- ceviche was phenomenal.

In Jamaica was booked an excursion while in port. We booked Chukkas trip to the good hope house. It was very structured with a small tour group on ten people. The guides were wonderful. Went on a 1.5 hour tour of the 2,000 acre property which was beautiful. Did a water slide in a pool, a ropes course, aviary and river tubing. Briggs closed toed shoes for the ropes course. Was a great experience all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums