Princess

quiltsnh

Doing Panama with Princess. Want to rent car at LAX for a few days. Can the car be returned somewhere near the Princess pier in San Pedro?

Enterprise has an office at the Crowne Plaza San Pedro--which is only about a three block walk to the pier. But the office is open until 6:00 pm Tuesday through Friday, only until 1:00 pm on Saturday and closed on Sunday and Monday--making it a bit hard to return the car depending on when you are planning on this. Oh, yes, Hertz also recently opened there, across from Crowne Plaza--but also closes 1:00 pm on Saturday and closed on Sunday.

None of the other car rental agencies have offices in San Pedro, so you'd likely have to return the car in Long Beach and take a taxi or Uber the 7-8 miles to San Pedro or at Long Beach Airport --a 16 mile ride...Or you could rent a car with a return at LAX and Uber or shuttle to San Pedro (shared shuttle is about $17 pp).

Edited by Bruin Steve

I would not rent from the Enterprise office in San Pedro - they were totally understaffed, disorganized, and short on cars. We rented from them after our Panama Canal Cruise - wish I had gone with Hertz. I've rented from Enterprise many times before, but other locations, and have not had problems like this one.

I would not rent from the Enterprise office in San Pedro - they were totally understaffed, disorganized, and short on cars. We rented from them after our Panama Canal Cruise - wish I had gone with Hertz. I've rented from Enterprise many times before, but other locations, and have not had problems like this one.

Note the OP is talking about returning a car near the pier. Returning is usually far easier.