HUB app

lakada

I found the chat feature to work well on my iPhone. The key is to remember to keep it open and not close the app. Also, the integration with the Apple Watch is nice. It would alert me when I had a message or when I had an activity coming up that I had marked as a favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it's free. It's good if you want to know the itinerary for the day. So basicly the fun ship newsletter you get each day but mobile version. Chatting/messaging with ppl on board will cost you the internet package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

To chat with people on board it is a flat $5 fee which was well worth it for me. Never had to search for people as they just texted where they were. I highly recommend it!

To chat with people on board it is a flat $5 fee which was well worth it for me. Never had to search for people as they just texted where they were. I highly recommend it!

That is $5 for the entire week per device - it was a great deal and very effective, especially when trying to gather a group for some thing. It was definitely worth it!

Yes, the app is free and the $5 per device for the entire cruise is well worth the cost. Beats the old walkie-talkies. It also sounds like they will be upgrading the app soon to include food menus, weather updates, itinerary details and more per JH. These updates will make it even better. I would let to see the app be functional after the cruise.

Also it only works on the ship. So what you would do in download the app now then when you get on the ship you can connect. It will show the days activities at your finger tips (better then lugging that paper around), (*rumor*) maybe the menus for the week are getting added, Maps to get around the ship, and chat/text and a charge (which I think I heard $5/day).

I found the chat feature to work well on my iPhone. The key is to remember to keep it open and not close the app. Also, the integration with the Apple Watch is nice. It would alert me when I had a message or when I had an activity coming up that I had marked as a favorite.
I've heard varying degrees of reliability where the chat feature is concerned. But my wife's family just got back from their cruise last month and one of them had said the only thing he didn't like about chat was that it didn't alert him to a new message like normal texting does. I've also read this in these forums as well. On the other hand, I've read that it does alert you. I'm wondering if the people who say it doesn't alert you to a new message don't have notifications turned on for the Hub app. Also, when you say keep it open, do you mean it needs to be running? I use iPhone too, so what I mean is, when I unlock my phone, the Hub app has to be running up front? Or can it be running in the background?

Chatting/messaging with ppl on board will cost you the internet package.
This is misleading. You do not need any internet plan with or without the Hub chat feature. If you do want to use Hub chat, you pay a $5 fee per device for the entire cruise, not one of the internet plans (unless you want that in addition to the Hub app).

Also it only works on the ship. So what you would do in download the app now then when you get on the ship you can connect. It will show the days activities at your finger tips (better then lugging that paper around), (*rumor*) maybe the menus for the week are getting added, Maps to get around the ship, and chat/text and a charge (which I think I heard $5/day).
If you download it prior to your cruise, it acts as a countdown clock to your sail date. And some clarification on the Hub chat fee...it's $5 per device for the entire cruise.