WARNING - leaving out of Seattle Pier 91

roxievegas

Friday, May 26th, Celebrity Solstice

we left our hotel at 11:15, it took our shuttle driver 15 - 20 minutes to get to the pier - where he and everyone else were directed to an overflow parking lot where we sat for over an hour. some people got out of their cars and took their luggage and walked to the ship. We finally were allowed to go to the unloading area and we had another wait to get into the building, have our passports looked at, go through security and then wait in line to check in. We finally were on the ship at 2:00. this was the worst port to board. I am going to complain to the Captains Club - I know that they will say that it the Seattle problem, but Celebrity needs to threaten to pull their ships and go out of some where else. I was told that Vancouver had a 6 hours wait With that kind of service we are not going to leave out of Seattle, until it is fixed. Our shuttle driver told us that this is a regular Friday departure problem.

We arrived in Seattle this morning - off the ship around 7:00 a.m., took awhile for our shuttle, but we were at the airport by 8:30 a.m Our flight was at noon, so we had plenty of time.

Friday, May 26th, Celebrity Solstice

we left our hotel at 11:15, it took our shuttle driver 15 - 20 minutes to get to the pier - where he and everyone else were directed to an overflow parking lot where we sat for over an hour. some people got out of their cars and took their luggage and walked to the ship. We finally were allowed to go to the unloading area and we had another wait to get into the building, have our passports looked at, go through security and then wait in line to check in. We finally were on the ship at 2:00. this was the worst port to board. I am going to complain to the Captains Club - I know that they will say that it the Seattle problem, but Celebrity needs to threaten to pull their ships and go out of some where else. I was told that Vancouver had a 6 hours wait With that kind of service we are not going to leave out of Seattle, until it is fixed. Our shuttle driver told us that this is a regular Friday departure problem.

We arrived in Seattle this morning - off the ship around 7:00 a.m., took awhile for our shuttle, but we were at the airport by 8:30 a.m Our flight was at noon, so we had plenty of time.

Sailed out of Seattle, arrived by cab and on board in 20 minutes. Never heard of a complaint like this. Obviously something unusual occurred.

Week after week people sail out of pier 91 and never experience the problem you had. We've always left our hotel around 10:30 or 11:00 and have been processed within 15-20 minutes and boarded by 11:30-11:45. Obviously, something unusual was going on.

A six hour wait in Vancouver has nothing to do with a 3 hour wait in Seattle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention that anyone in a regular cab was sent directly to the ship, all cars, shuttles, limos were sent to the holding area. There were only two ships - royal caribbean and celebrity. According to our driver, this happens every Friday. If we had waited until 1:30 to leave the hotel and got to the pier, we could have gotten directly to the drop off at the ship and gone inside. when we boarded at 2:00 - the outside area in front of the building was empty, no people, no lines.

Sorry you had such a bad experience to the start of a great cruise. I've sailed from Pier 91 6 or 7 times over the past few years and have never had a problem. I've always enjoyed the Pier 91 experience because I'm usually walking on the ship in less than an hour from the time I get out of the car--I typically arrive around 11:00 to 11:30.