I Don't Appreciate Being Told Not To Cruise!!

babs135

They don't know much about dolphins. Ships (any sort) hit dolphins like they hit birds - not at all, if the dolphin/bird is healthy. Both dolphins and flying birds are pretty good at detecting something big coming towards them and getting out of the way, and they both move faster than the ship.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area where there is a lot of large ship traffic coming in and leaving the bay. Every year at least one dead whale is washed up on local shores. A couple of weeks ago a 79 ft long blue whale, the largest animal to ever live on this planet, washed up on a popular beach. Most of these whales have been hit by ships, even though there are marine sanctuary lanes for ships to stay in (the whales don't know where these lanes are, however, and wander into them). When a necropsy is done on the carcasses, the majority of the hit whales are diseased. They most likely were ill and not able to take care of themselves well, resulting in them not avoiding a ship. In these cases, they would have died soon even if they had not been hit.

We know it was a "fluff article" because we are experienced cruisers and CC members and know better. People who have never cruised before and are trying to decide if cruising is right for them may read those lies and not understand what they are. Any inaccurate information that is published anywhere is problematic. Facts are always the most appropriate option in all situations.

That is where we differ. Heck without lies and deceit the world would be a pretty boring place. No great works of fiction,(Mobey Dick was, sadly, a lie) no great movies, ( Rhett really didn't give a damn only because he wasn't real) and no reality TV shows (OK the world could live without those :D). Facts and truth, as I said, are fine for really important stuff, I particularly like 1+1 = 2, but in all situations? I stopped believing that about the same time I found out Santa Claus was a lie.:eek:

As for new cruisers, heck they likely would have never read this article unless it was posted here by our fellow cruise addicts. What normal people actually search out this crap?;) And so what if they read it and decided that cruising was not for them? What's it to you, or me? I’ll go back to what I said earlier, with the high demand and high prices of cruises lately a little more of these lies might be good for us here at CC, less demand = lower prices! That's economics 101.

I say “LIE AWAY!!”:D

That is where we differ. Heck without lies and deceit the world would be a pretty boring place. No great works of fiction,(Mobey Dick was, sadly, a lie) no great movies, ( Rhett really didn't give a damn only because he wasn't real) and no reality TV shows (OK the world could live without those :D). Facts and truth, as I said, are fine for really important stuff, I particularly like 1+1 = 2, but in all situations? I stopped believing that about the same time I found out Santa Claus was a lie.:eek:

As for new cruisers, heck they likely would have never read this article unless it was posted here by our fellow cruise addicts. What normal people actually search out this crap?;) And so what if they read it and decided that cruising was not for them? What's it to you, or me? I’ll go back to what I said earlier, with the high demand and high prices of cruises lately a little more of these lies might be good for us here at CC, less demand = lower prices! That's economics 101.

I say “LIE AWAY!!”:D

Yeah, I probably should not have used "in all situations". You have a point. Without bending he truth a bit, how else would I have been able to keep secret what I got my wife for her birthday this year when she kept pestering me to tell her what it was going to be. :D

But, I still prefer facts to lies/untruths when I am searching for information to help me make a decision, such as if a certain kind of vacation is worth taking - or even the quality of a birthday present for the wife. It's a character flaw of mine, I guess! ;)