Why would RCCl show a negative outstanding balance?

I called and paid my balance. I didn't want to do it online. The rep didn't seem to think anything was wrong. Just said you have $100 Balance, I paid it and he sent me an updated invoice with $0 balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is $100 what you thought you owed? Or did you owe more?

I just paid mine off yesterday. According to my cruises page i owed $615 and my dd's cabin had a - $200 balance. I called because I knew they have a zero balance and I owed $866. I paid mine off and they sent a confirmation with the correct information. On their end they did not see the IT screw up that was showing on line!😕

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

We cruise in 5 days. I called the automated line and requested a receipt, which only showed the balance not including shore excursions, packages, etc. I called the 866-562-7625 number and spoke to an agent. She acknowledged the website balance issue. I requested she send me a receipt for my shore excursions, etc, which she did promptly. That receipt showed the negative balance reflected on the website. Onward to Alaska...

I had a Twitter conversation with RCCL earlier this morning, and they still don't believe there is a problem since they can't see it on their end. I get that, but if there is a known problem which persists for a week I begin to wonder what other IT problems they have which will impact my cruise.

This thread has made me dizzy (or more dizzy than normal). So my question is: my final payment date is tomorrow for an August cruise. My cruise planner shows a balance due about $500 less than I really owe. Do I pay what RCCL is asking for or the amount I know I still owe on the cruise?

Thanks.

Call them. I had a balance though I had a - $600 on my reservation. They told me I still owed $100 even though my balance showed a negative balance. I paid the $100 and now I have - $700 on my reservation.

I actually tried making my final payment via the website, but it didn't allow changing the total to a larger amount (at least their IT has done something to prevent errors, although it did backfire this time). Calling them to pay is really the best option at the moment.

I had a Twitter conversation with RCCL earlier this morning, and they still don't believe there is a problem since they can't see it on their end. I get that, but if there is a known problem which persists for a week I begin to wonder what other IT problems they have which will impact my cruise.

It is so stupid of them! If a gazillion people call up and say it's so then it must be a dag gon problem!

If you book a new cruise now you shouldn't have this problem since they are now not adding in the Cruise Planner stuff.

1qt8up.jpg

This is ridiculous. When I called last week they acted like I was crazy. Now, I received an email with cruise planner discounts that end tomorrow. Haven't been able to access my reservation because I keep getting the error that it's already being modified. I see from other posts it's not just me. What the heck is going on with their website??? I sent a PM on their Facebook page and am waiting to hear back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Indeed, looks like everything is back to normal now. Well, apart from the fact that we can't see the payment list anymore.
My negative balance has also been zeroed but I can't see the payment list.

I now have the correct balance due showing and all my dining and drink package purchases are still there!

Looks like everything is fixed. For now.

Same here. My excursion is still on the planner.

Seems to be working using Chrome but not Firefox

Was able to log into my cruises. Payments section only shows actual cruise purchase - cruise fare, taxes and Grats, nothing else, including not showing my payments on the cruise itself. Shows total balance. Countdown to Cruise page shows correct zero balance and all reservations/drink purchases which also are correct in Cruise Planner.

Ed