Chartreuse

Good question. Perhaps they just wanted to differentiate the two restaurants. Or, maybe because they wanted to have the decor in chartreuse and name the restaurant after the decor (highly doubtful), I guess that the same thing can be said about Pacific Rim. Regent had an Asian-fusion restaurant for a long time - Latitudes (which IMO was much better than Pacific Rim but Regent decided to give the new restaurant a new name.

I find it interesting that they have not as yet changed Signatures to Chartreuse on the Mariner. It would seem that changing the menu would have been fairly easy. Perhaps they are waiting until they put in the special chartreuse decor?

P.S. If I was making steak tartare, I would offer some to our cats. However, they are like me and don't care for raw meat -- only raw seafood:D

Thanks again Travelcat. My memory is no longer as it was but I wonder if Regent inherited the names Signatures and Latitude from Radisson and have taken a long time in Regentising them.

I didn't think about the Le Cordon Bleu affiliation. When Regent discontinued their association with Le Cordon Bleu, I do recall that the menu changed (still miss the mushroom soup - the new version is good but not excellent). It is certainly a good reason to change the name,

Having sailed on Oceania twice and loving their French restaurant, it makes me wonder why Oceania has an affiliation with Jacques Pepin and Regent doesn't. There were many people that did not like Signatures and some that do not care for Chartreuse, so, if Regent paid for the rights to serve some Jacques Pepin dishes, I feel that it would be a hit with Regent customers.

One other difference is that Signatures rotated three menus on a weekly basis while Chartreuse appears to only have a single menu that never changes.

Yes, the lack of any menu change is certainly a drawback on longer cruises :(

We never had the pleasure of dining in Latitudes but were intrigued to find that on Voyager (post refurb) signage from the crew areas still includes Latitudes, not Signatures or Chartreuse (we were taken through the crew access following lifeboat drill). This must cause confusion for new crew members :confused:

Yes, the lack of any menu change is certainly a drawback on longer cruises :(

We never had the pleasure of dining in Latitudes but were intrigued to find that on Voyager (post refurb) signage from the crew areas still includes Latitudes, not Signatures or Chartreuse (we were taken through the crew access following lifeboat drill). This must cause confusion for new crew members :confused:

Latitudes made quite an impression on many passengers. I still have the menu from there and share it with crew members that fondly remember the dining venue. It brings back great memories for all of us. The servers in Latitudes were all women which gave it a different atmosphere.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't think about the Le Cordon Bleu affiliation. When Regent discontinued their association with Le Cordon Bleu, I do recall that the menu changed (still miss the mushroom soup - the new version is good but not excellent). It is certainly a good reason to change the name,

Having sailed on Oceania twice and loving their French restaurant, it makes me wonder why Oceania has an affiliation with Jacques Pepin and Regent doesn't. There were many people that did not like Signatures and some that do not care for Chartreuse, so, if Regent paid for the rights to serve some Jacques Pepin dishes, I feel that it would be a hit with Regent customers.

Although, we like some items in Chartruese, i.e. The cheese soufflé, I agree contracting with Jacques Pepin to serve some dishes would please more customers. Angie