Question about B2B bookings

We are taking back to back weeks on Adventure, out of Bayonne, next summer (2018). From my research, it sounds like the process is pretty straightforward. What I'm wondering, is do I need to do anything to make sure they know that we are consecutive cruisers?

The reason I'm asking is that the 2 cruises were booked at different times. Plus, my parents are paying for the first week, which is the only week they are taking. We are paying for the second week. While booking the second week, I did mention it to the rep that it would be a back to back for us, but he didn't ask anything about the first booking.

Is there anything more I need to do at this point?

I take it you're not in the same cabin for both cruises? If you are in the same one, tell your cabin steward you are there for 2 weeks.

You should make sure your two booking numbers are linked. Who ever you booked through, should link them for you.

Also, you should let guest service know you are doing B2B.

They should let you know on your next to last night, on 1st cruise, where and when to meet on debarkation day, to get ready for your 2nd cruise.

B2B are fun. have a great time.

We are taking back to back weeks on Adventure, out of Bayonne, next summer (2018). From my research, it sounds like the process is pretty straightforward. What I'm wondering, is do I need to do anything to make sure they know that we are consecutive cruisers?

The reason I'm asking is that the 2 cruises were booked at different times. Plus, my parents are paying for the first week, which is the only week they are taking. We are paying for the second week. While booking the second week, I did mention it to the rep that it would be a back to back for us, but he didn't ask anything about the first booking.

Is there anything more I need to do at this point?

I take it you're not in the same cabin for both cruises? If you are in the same one, tell your cabin steward you are there for 2 weeks.

You should make sure your two booking numbers are linked. Who ever you booked through, should link them for you.

Also, you should let guest service know you are doing B2B.

They should let you know on your next to last night, on 1st cruise, where and when to meet on debarkation day, to get ready for your 2nd cruise.

B2B are fun. have a great time.

There is no need to call RC to link them.

When you do online check-in, at the 90 day mark before the cruise, you will be asked for your departure information for the first cruise. One option in the pull-down menu is "consecutive cruiser". Check that.

During online check-in for the second cruise, you will do the same thing for arrival information.

That's all you need to do.

(It can't hurt to pop by Guest Services some time during the first cruise to be sure that you are on the consecutive cruisers list. You should also receive information on your bed on day 5.)

When you do online check-in, at the 90 day mark before the cruise, you will be asked for your departure information for the first cruise. One option in the pull-down menu is "consecutive cruiser". Check that.

During online check-in for the second cruise, you will do the same thing for arrival information.

(It can't hurt to pop by Guest Services some time during the first cruise to be sure that you are on the consecutive cruisers list. You should also receive information on your bed on day 5.)

That sounds even better. Thanks for the info.

As Merion_Mom says, the key is the "consecutive cruiser" selection. If you are lucky this will populate all of the data you filled in on the online checkin into the second cruise. Has worked for us in the past, but at the moment we are less than 90 from first cruise and more from second, so I can't do the paperwork for the second cruise yet. Surprisingly we have other cruises booked 200+ days out and can make dining reservations already.

We did our 1st B2B but had to change rooms. I see you are in the same room. It should be relatively painless. We just had to pack our clothes into the suitcases, leave the stuff hanging up. Told our cabin attendant and our stuff was waiting in our new room. Some here said you get off early, clear customs, and back on. Easy peasy.

Not so much in our case. We met at the lounge at the required time. And waited. And waited. They came around announced we would be a "little" late. And waited. They then started counting heads. Went off to the side to have a conversation. Came around to each table and ensured all our party was present. Went off to the side to have a conversation. Someone at the table next to us said, "Why don't they just call our name and we can say "here" like in school." Waited a little longer. They finally lined us up and asked each party, "Are you Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton?" Apparently they didn't show up. We don't know if they ever found them. We headed off to customs at about Noon! I should have taken a book.

One nice thing we learned is that they have a nice lunch for you in the MDR when you get back on so you can avoid the zoo at the buffet.

We did our 1st B2B but had to change rooms. I see you are in the same room. It should be relatively painless. We just had to pack our clothes into the suitcases, leave the stuff hanging up. Told our cabin attendant and our stuff was waiting in our new room. Some here said you get off early, clear customs, and back on. Easy peasy.

Not so much in our case. We met at the lounge at the required time. And waited. And waited. They came around announced we would be a "little" late. And waited. They then started counting heads. Went off to the side to have a conversation. Came around to each table and ensured all our party was present. Went off to the side to have a conversation. Someone at the table next to us said, "Why don't they just call our name and we can say "here" like in school." Waited a little longer. They finally lined us up and asked each party, "Are you Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton?" Apparently they didn't show up. We don't know if they ever found them. We headed off to customs at about Noon! I should have taken a book.

One nice thing we learned is that they have a nice lunch for you in the MDR when you get back on so you can avoid the zoo at the buffet.

Most of the turnaround day stories I've read about the experience have been positive, but a handful have been like this, less than smooth. Problems with the headcount seems to be the recurring theme in those cases.

A special lunch would be cool, but the chaos in the Windjammer is kind of fun, too. There's an energy there that first day. So we're good either way.

Thanks for the feedback.

We did our first b2b a couple years ago and near the end of the first cruise, we let both our cabin attendant and Guest relations know but everything was already in place. Since we were changing rooms, we left everything in the closest on hangers and packed up the rest. Everything was moved to our new room. A meeting was held for us about 3 days from the end to go over the process of getting our new Sea Pass Cards. and a flyer was also in our room the final night.

We did our first b2b a couple years ago and near the end of the first cruise, we let both our cabin attendant and Guest relations know but everything was already in place. Since we were changing rooms, we left everything in the closest on hangers and packed up the rest. Everything was moved to our new room. A meeting was held for us about 3 days from the end to go over the process of getting our new Sea Pass Cards. and a flyer was also in our room the final night.

Did you have access to your room before 1:00? We have to switch cabins and have read different answers to this question. :)

Did you have access to your room before 1:00? We have to switch cabins and have read different answers to this question. :)

Yes. You will have access as soon as you are back on the ship. The fire doors will be closed, but you can open them and go into your room.

Word of caution to those who change rooms on a B2B

Anything left in the bathroom will not be seen again.

The reason is that there is a special cleaning team that do bathrooms only and they WILL throw away anything you left behind.

However, if you left something behind in the main cabin that you forgot to pack, the room attendant can retrieve it for you.

• 6 months later...

I missed that...thanks. Will go look for it.