Ultimate Beverage Package Questions

On the Harmony a few weeks ago, the limit was $13. Any higher priced drinks were charged with the difference. We also found the Diamond members do not receive a beverage package discount on board. Only the Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members receive the discount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In our experience, the R Bar has some really fancy cocktails that can be over the drink package limit

Really? I've never seen any cocktails over the amount of the package and I drink a lot of cocktails in the R-Bar. I'm going to have to look out for them on our next cruises.

Really? I've never seen any cocktails over the amount of the package and I drink a lot of cocktails in the R-Bar. I'm going to have to look out for them on our next cruises.

This can vary ship to ship. I recall a small part of the menu there on Brilliance with cocktails around $15.

We already have the soda package, but I was rethinking the deluxe package - but I'm having a bit of trouble doing the math, since I don't really know the prices on board. What would be the onboard price for this expected amount of drinking:

1 Latte

1 glass of juice

2 bottles of water

2 random cocktails

2 glasses of cheap white wine

We already have the soda package, but I was rethinking the deluxe package - but I'm having a bit of trouble doing the math, since I don't really know the prices on board. What would be the onboard price for this expected amount of drinking:

1 Latte

1 glass of juice

2 bottles of water

2 random cocktails

2 glasses of cheap white wine

Specialty coffee prices vary, but this will give you an idea:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53121679&postcount=56

Figure cocktails around $12 for anything more than "basic" (gin & tonic, etc.) cocktails.

Ah, fair enough Bob. You learn something new everyday. I've never been on Brilliance so perhaps the ship's I've been on didn't have them. Or could just be that I missed them on the menu - you never know.

Zutcorp - I imagine cheap white wine would be around $8 a glass or so. Maybe more...can't remember if the prices have gone up lately. You can get a glass of juice for free at breakfast but if you want freshly squeezed that costs extra. I'm not sure on water...somewhere around $2 a bottle I think?

When I add the drink package to my cart it has a service charge of 18.72. Is that the gratuity or will we be charged that on the ship?

If you order drinks that are totally covered by the drink package, then you will not be charged any more gratuity on drinks.

Now don't beat me up over this but is it possible to get a drink off your drink package for someone besides yourself?

Sure it's possible, but they are trained to catch people and you risk losing all the money you spent on the package.

We are sailing on Anthem next month. The drink package started at $60 a day, went on sale for $48, and then we looked today and it was $39. Hubby and I decided to go for it. He drinks soda, I drink specialty coffee, and we both drink beer and mixed drinks. Plus bottled water. We should end up ahead when all is said and done. Regardless, knowing we already paid for it and can go ahead and order one more drink is worth it!

Can I double check and maybe a silly question but does it include vodka? On the descriptions, it doesn't mention anything about spirits in the package. Thanks.

Also, I'm assuming that Red Bull isn't included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I double check and maybe a silly question but does it include vodka? On the descriptions, it doesn't mention anything about spirits in the package. Thanks.

Also, I'm assuming that Red Bull isn't included.

Yes, it includes vodka and all the typical spirits. It also includes Red Bull, though some have reported only being able to get it as a mixer.

Yes, it includes vodka and all the typical spirits. It also includes Red Bull, though some have reported only being able to get it as a mixer.

Great, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are sailing on Anthem next month. The drink package started at $60 a day, went on sale for $48, and then we looked today and it was $39. Hubby and I decided to go for it. He drinks soda, I drink specialty coffee, and we both drink beer and mixed drinks. Plus bottled water. We should end up ahead when all is said and done. Regardless, knowing we already paid for it and can go ahead and order one more drink is worth it!

How did you know when the package went on sale?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How far out before your cruise do they allow you to purchase the booze package? I am booked on Harmony in April of 2019. Just wanting to know when I should start checking the cruise planner. Right now it just say I can't purchase it. Same for the internet package.

How far out before your cruise do they allow you to purchase the booze package? I am booked on Harmony in April of 2019. Just wanting to know when I should start checking the cruise planner. Right now it just say I can't purchase it. Same for the internet package.

No set time, keep checking the Cruise Planner.

• 6 months later...