Buffet then going to show - dress code

WeLuv2Cruz13

It's been years since we've been on any Celebrity ship but it's nice to know they've eliminated the dressier nights & will accept just about anything in the show lounge. (as it should be).

It seems they've listened to the requests of a good number of their passengers & finally realized that not everyone wants to dress up on vacation.

Dress up if you like, or not.

While I probably wouldn't wear shorts to a Broadway theatre because they crank up the air-conditioning, there is no dress code prohibiting such casual wear. Consequently, I can understand why some may feel that it's a tad pretentious to object to shorts in a Celebrity ship's theatre. That said, as Celebrity asks guests to dress as they would for the MDR, I'd have no problem with changing into long pants should I ever decide to wear shorts to dine in the Oceanview Café.

Has anyone had an experience of what is, or is not, allowed as far as dress code for the shows if you didn't go to dinner and just had a casual buffet dinner rather than going to MDR? We don't have to go change to go to a show do we?

Not that I'm any expert on Celebrity but from what I'm reading it seems that the acceptable form of dress is pretty casual for the shows. A decent pair of dress shorts & any top will suffice. If you eating at the buffet why would anyone want to get dressed up for the show lounge?

A lot of the kids at the Prom this year, absolutely blew my sox off! We never showed the style these kids did. They were taking portrait shots at our local park & traffic was slowed to a crawl. Just incredibly beautifully dressed. Not all, but at least a third of the students were there. A lot of them must have seen the "Kingsmen" film.

It's due to peer pressure and enabling by doting parents. Everyone must look as good or better than everyone else. Thankfully when I went to prom there wasn't the enormous pressure to look like red carpet celebrities at the Oscars. No one in my school arrived in a limousine, either. None of us would have ever thought of spending hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on prom night. Nor could we have afforded it. Times have indeed changed.

A lot of the kids at the Prom this year, absolutely blew my sox off! We never showed the style these kids did. They were taking portrait shots at our local park & traffic was slowed to a crawl. Just incredibly beautifully dressed. Not all, but at least a third of the students were there. A lot of them must have seen the "Kingsmen" film.

We just got rid of the Prom suits we bought our three boys for their proms. Each suit got worn once at the prom, period! By the time they got around to buying another suit in third or fourth year University the boys had all outgrown them. Luckily two of the three outgrew theirs due to the weight room and not the beer hall.

So the dress up prom thing has been around for at least a decade. I could care less but you should thank your lucky stars that most adults don't dress the way 17 year olds do 99% of the time. Think cargo shorts drooping down past a retiree's butt cheeks.:eek::eek:

Edited by DirtyDawg

Yea we're looking once again at Celebrity for a cruise. The last time we were on Celebrity things were much more formal.....pretty much like Princess 15 years ago.

To me shorts are shorts. Nice or not is in the beholders eyes.

Not a fan of Board/Cargo type shorts. They can look really ratty. Got some great shorts & slacks from Orvis/Mountain Khakis.

Funny, the food was such a turn off on our Jan. trip, we're looking elsewhere.(except the specialty rest, which were excellent) I still like the itinerary of the Eclipse 14 day Caribbean cruises. Richard wants to try Oceania(kind of pricey). I did like the Regal Princess quite a bit. The buffet there was far better than Cunard/Celebrity.

The new Edge class ships look really nice, but I wonder how much is reality v/s hype.

We just got rid of the Prom suits we bought our three boys for their proms. Each suit got worn once at the prom, period! By the time they got around to buying another suit in third or fourth year University the boys had all outgrown them. Luckily two of the three outgrew theirs due to the weight room and not the beer hall.

So the dress up prom thing has been around for at least a decade. I could care less but you should thank your lucky stars that most adults don't dress the way 17 year olds do 99% of the time. Think cargo shorts drooping down past a retiree's butt cheeks.:eek::eek:

I know what you mean there. My God, if I was a werewolf, I'd hate to see the mayhem that would take place in the local mall with all those "moons" that are flashed about!

It's due to peer pressure and enabling by doting parents. Everyone must look as good or better than everyone else. Thankfully when I went to prom there wasn't the enormous pressure to look like red carpet celebrities at the Oscars. No one in my school arrived in a limousine, either. None of us would have ever thought of spending hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on prom night. Nor could we have afforded it. Times have indeed changed.

Many less limos than we had, most $$ got spent on the clothes. A number of these kids work for our catering company & most of the other kids as well, worked to buy/rent their own clothes. Not as much enabling as you might think, but yeah, a lot of peer pressure.

Has anyone had an experience of what is, or is not, allowed as far as dress code for the shows if you didn't go to dinner and just had a casual buffet dinner rather than going to MDR? We don't have to go change to go to a show do we?

You can wear whatever you want.