Emerald Princess out of Seattle....airfare

mykindaparty

we are doing the July 9-16 Emerald Princess R/T Seattle, my question is can I make a 10:30am flight on the 16th? We have done earlier flights out of Miami before and just had to show proof to the cruise line of our early flight. How far is it from cruise terminal to the airport?

TIA

Janet

As I recall it's a 20 to 30 minute drive. I would check the Princess website to see how early they are offering EZ Air flights. Just do a phony booking as though you were going to book air through Princess. Our rule of thumb is never to book a flight earlier than the first Princess EZ Air flight available. Enjoy your cruise.

we are doing the July 9-16 Emerald Princess R/T Seattle, my question is can I make a 10:30am flight on the 16th? We have done earlier flights out of Miami before and just had to show proof to the cruise line of our early flight. How far is it from cruise terminal to the airport?

TIA

Janet

While a 20 minute drive is possible, it is a rarity, and not something I would count on. Depending on what is going on in the city that weekend, it could take up to an hour to get from Pier 91 to SeaTac. That said, yes, you could make it to a 10:30am flight if you got an early walk-off departure from the ship, took your own bags off, and caught a cab. A 10:30 departure will be too early for you to get the free luggage transfer from the pier to the airport that is provided by the Port of Seattle for those flying out on Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest & United which requires a departure time of no earlier than 11:00am.

Tom

we just returned from an alaska cruise with celebrity round trip out of seattle - a friday to friday. We walked off the ship at 7:00 am went to the shuttle express which we had prepaid - left port area around 7:45 got to airport 8:25, we were the first off the shuttle - flying Alaska Airlines, also were TSA precheck, so quick through the security. Our flight was not until noon, so we had plenty of time to eat clam chowder at Ivars.

If you take a cab, they were lined up and people were getting out of there fast.

I don't think I would book anything earlier than 11:00 - I felt very comfortable with the noon flight.

I am on this board because after 7 cruises with Celebrity we are going to try Princess in March going out of LA - no flights for us.

I'm the eternal optimist around here on this topic.

You're right inside the edge of my comfort level, if you:

1) arrange to be an early self-disembark

2) use UberX or Lyft - not a yellow cab or shuttle.

3) have PreCheck through membership or age, not "I usually get it but I've never signed up and I'm under 67".

4) can move through the airport rapidly without assistance

5) will not experience massive economic or personal angst if you don't make the flight

Points 1-3 are self-explanatory. #4 means you can rapidly evaluate the security lines and hotfoot it to the nearest one with less wait time.

My advice: ask the driver to use Hwy 99/509/518 rather than I5 (most will by default). When you cross the bridge and start heading up the hill, look at this webcam:

http://www.king5.com/mb/weather/sea-tac-airport-cam

If the roadway on the middle right of the image *above* the rail tracks appears gridlocked, look at the lower right image below the tracks. If it looks better, ask the driver to use the arrivals level and take the elevator or escalator to departures.

If both look like crap, ask the driver to go around the south end of the airport and loop back north on International Drive, entering the airport from the southeast. Enter the parking lot and have him go to level 4. Tip him $5 in cash for the parking charge.

Good luck.