Price change when I change dining plan??

DH and I made reservations for the Explorer of the Seas Transpacific cruise in Oct 2018. When I made the reservation, I selected My Time Dining, and the total cost of the cruise was $5832. I decided I'd rather do main dining room at 6 pm, and just made the change on our reservation. When I did, however, the price increased to $5972!! I figure I'm going to end up having to end up calling customer service, but wanted to see if this has happened to other people too? Thanks!

People have reported various erroneous triggers to price changes, though I don't recall one caused by a dining plan changes. Sometimes people don't change a thing and the price changes. Yes, you will have to call.

Is this difference in price your gratuities? I changed a bed configuration on our reservation and the price went up. I called to ask what happened and it turned out the gratuities automatically added to the price with the change. When CS rep backed them out, the price went back to the original booking $.

A question about My Time dining. Per the web site if you select My Time dining you pay Prepaid Gratuities. Are these extra fees or just paid in advance instead of at the end?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're just paying for your gratuities in advance, instead of having it added to your bill on the last day. I love to prepay my gratuities regardless of dining option. One less expense to worry about at the end of my cruise.

Per the web site if you select My Time dining you pay Prepaid Gratuities.

Unless there are some very different rules in your market, you do not have to pre pay grats for MTD - that is probably outdated info on the web site.