Does the Order of Passengers on Reservation Matter?

jeno

I am taking my two daughters on a cruise that includes two Beverage packages and the third passenger gets a soda package. I would like my two daughters to have the Beverage packages and I will pay as I go. I am Elite and my daughters are Ruby and Gold. I can't think of any reason that I (Elite) need to be one of the two first passengers on the reservation. Due to the fact that they both have young children, I suppose it is possible one of them would have to cancel. If someone knows any reason that passenger order on a reservation matters, I would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am taking my two daughters on a cruise that includes two Beverage packages and the third passenger gets a soda package. I would like my two daughters to have the Beverage packages and I will pay as I go. I am Elite and my daughters are Ruby and Gold. I can't think of any reason that I (Elite) need to be one of the two first passengers on the reservation. Due to the fact that they both have young children, I suppose it is possible one of them would have to cancel. If someone knows any reason that passenger order on a reservation matters, I would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When there are 3 people in a cabin the 3rd berth passenger receives the lower fare. With the Sip & Sail promo the 3rd berth passenger also receives the soda & more package instead of the AIBP. I believe the booking needs to be under your daughter's names as the 1st and 2nd passenger and you would be the 3rd berth passenger.

I have thought about this one also....

I am the Wine Drinker (so DH could buy bottles for me at 40% off), so if I wanted to book DH and (adult) DS as 1st and 2nd passenger so they would get the AIBP (with that promotion), would I be able to do that in my cruise personalizer? Also, if DS then cancelled, would I be able to have the AIBP, or would we just lose one of the AIBPs?

Anyone have any experience? :confused:

I am the Wine Drinker (so DH could buy bottles for me at 40% off), so if I wanted to book DH and (adult) DS as 1st and 2nd passenger so they would get the AIBP (with that promotion), would I be able to do that in my cruise personalizer? Also, if DS then cancelled, would I be able to have the AIBP, or would we just lose one of the AIBPs?

Anyone have any experience? :confused:

No for any changes like that you would have to call Princess.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I would either contact your TA or Princess - depending on how you are booked - and make sure that things were done right. If you want someone else to have the AIBP then make sure they are the first or second passenger in the cabin. You can be sure they won't adjust things once you are onboard if things aren't done right in the first place.

You would then be the 2nd passenger, pay the 2nd passenger price instead of the third passenger price, and get the AIBP that the 2nd passenger gets.