Help! Seattle for debarkation day / early flight next morning

pwc115

We will be debarking on a Tuesday and our flight does not leave until early Wednesday morning. We plan to rent a car and spend the day exploring and then will stay at a hotel close to the airport for a 6:30 am flight.

Two questions: Any suggestions for places / things not to miss in Seattle for the day? What are some convenient hotels close to the airport?

Thanks in advance for the help!

We did the same thing when we cruised Alaska. We drove to the hotel first (had to return a rental tux to a nearby Men's Wearhouse). The hotel was able to give us a room. Turns out we were so pooped from the cruise, that the idea of heading back to Seattle "proper" for some sightseeing went out the window. But, we also arrived the day before the cruise from the east coast, so we had some time to head to Pike's Market that evening. Being from the east coast, we were up a lot earlier than expected. So we ate breakfast (included with the room) checked our luggage with the bell captain, then headed out to the Needle. It was early enough that it was open, but no major lines. Then went next door to the Chihuly museum. Took the monorail back and walked back to the hotel, collected our bags, and then a taxi to the port.

I guess what I'm saying, don't discount that early AM time the day of the cruise, especially if you are flying from the east and will have that jet lag.

I've stayed at the Doubletree at SeaTac and the Hampton Inn on 28th Ave. I recommend both. One time when both were booked solid, I stayed at the Southport Doubletree near the mall. Also a good location.

Roz

I've stayed at the Doubletree at SeaTac and the Hampton Inn on 28th Ave. I recommend both. One time when both were booked solid, I stayed at the Southport Doubletree near the mall. Also a good location.

Roz

I agree with this hotel recommendation. Free airport shuttle and across street from mall with lots of food options