How to tip in Haven?

kerryincork

Hi CabinCop - you seem to have a problem with your "signature". You might want to go in an just redo it.

Here is what I am seeing on my end:

clear.png?emoji-cool-1690 51 & counting. + alot of CTNs cruises !!!clear.png?emoji-grin-1677 11years living the suite sweet life. YOOOOOOOOOOO 11

You can also go to guest services, give them the name of the person you're tipping and the amount and they will give you a voucher which you can give to the person. The tips are added to the crew members account and the amount will be charged to your onboard account.

Great tip! I try to have cash available to tip with, but sometimes I spend too much shopping in the ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no way we are going to to the ancient days of handling filthy cash and missing the opportunity to add or are credit card rewards or air mile horde that got us on the ship in the first place. Only those with something to hide use cash these days.

I use cash because I think that the decision shall mine, it's up to me if I shall use cash or card. When shops tries to force me to use card, for example when they have lots of card only lines, I use cash!

I want to use my card as much as possible to get the reward but my freedom to choose is more important for me.

Possibly a good argument but think of how business really works in these Big Brother times.

Any large successful service organization from a restaurant to a cruise ship would always be looking at ways to measure the quality of each employee's service. Sure, surveys may provide some information, but a surprisingly high number are never responded. Therefore, as a backup a simple decent computer program will be looking at the tips given to an employee and rate them among their peers to determine if they should be invited back after their contract ends. Sneaking cash to a butler, concierge or steward will bypass ability of the program to detect how much the customer really thought of the employee and rate them as inferior and possibly fire them. Put the tip into the voucher system and even if they do not get it all, at least management will know how well the employee is appreciated.

Many decent employees would rather have a continuing job than be tossed out on the global job market by getting too many short term cash perks that does not reveal to management their true worth. JMO

If this was a problem, I'm sure that the concierges and butlers should tell the passengers that they prefered to get the tip another way than in cash.