For those of you who know Horseshoe Bay Beach in Bermuda . . .

lmintzer

. . . which way would you schedule this day for a Thursday in July:

Option 1:

10-12 parasailing from Dockyard, quick lunch back on board Breakaway, and then cab to Warwick. Maybe arriving about 2:00/2:30? Then Warwick to Horseshoe walk between then and 6. Catch 6:00 p.m. shuttle back to Dockyard. (Edited to add: we are staying in the Haven--so if we chose this option, could we have a light lunch delivered to the room to save time? That way, we could probably make it to the beach sooner.)

Option 2:

10-12 parasail. Quickly run back on ship to grab beach bag since it's not allowed on parasailing boat). Beach shuttle to Horseshoe. Arrive by 1:00. Lunch at Horseshoe. Then make Horsehoe to Warwick walk with swim breaks. Cab back to Dockyard from Warwick.

Option 3:

9:00 cab (or beach shuttle, if they'll drop us at Warwick) to Warwick, arriving around 9:30/10:00. Warwick to Horsehoe walk. Lunch at Horseshoe (crowds?) Change into dry clothes for ride back. Shuttle to Dockyard. Back on ship to drop off extra beach gear and change back into swimsuits. Parasailing from 4:15-6:15 (arrival time is 3:45).

Which would you recommend, based on what you know about crowds at Horseshoe? Wait time for shuttles/cabs? Best use of time?

Thanks. We may try to parasail in the a.m. and hit the South Shore beaches after lunch.

Anyone know if, as a Haven guest, you can have small lunch waiting for you in your room? (I know the Bulter can bring room service breakfast or you can use SDP to have dinner brought up.) A quick lunch would help us save the time of having to wait for service in a restaurant or deal with the busy buffet.

i always go to Horseshoe from around 9am to noon ( i hate the sun, so i only go to beaches in the morning). if you walk way down towards the rocks/Warwick, there is no one there. all teh crowds gather near the chairs, umbrellas and bathhouse.

Thanks. We may try to parasail in the a.m. and hit the South Shore beaches after lunch.

Anyone know if, as a Haven guest, you can have small lunch waiting for you in your room? (I know the Bulter can bring room service breakfast or you can use SDP to have dinner brought up.) A quick lunch would help us save the time of having to wait for service in a restaurant or deal with the busy buffet.

Tell your Butler when you're leaving in the morning that you would like to have lunch in your room at a certain time and they will have it there for you :)