First Cruise Panic!!!

Excuse me if this is in the wrong place. We are going on our first cruise in November, and have soooo many questions!!! My main problem is what clothes to take. As we are leaving from Southampton to go to Boston then NY, I know I will need some warm clothes for the ports, but will it be cold on board from Southampton? Warmer clothes are so much heavier, so I only want to take what I need. Can anyone advise me please?

Yes, it will be cool/cold. You can actually google the historic weather for any moth in any location to get an idea of what to expect.

Also, wearing layers is a good idea in case you are traveling and encounter warmer or cooler weather than you expect ... allows you to adapt.

Thank you, I have looked at the temperatures in the destinations, for when we go on land, I am more worried about what its going to be like for the 4/5 days we have onboard before we hit land, so that I know what kind of things to take.

I am more worried about what its going to be like for the 4/5 days we have onboard before we hit land, so that I know what kind of things to take.

Ah, I'm confused - you don't know what to wear inside a climate controlled space? You will spend next no time outside on a TA in Nov in the north Atlantic.

Sorry. I sound a bit dumb, what I was meaning is will the temperature on board be the same throughout the cruise, whether in a cold climate or the carribean? Meaning I only need warm clothes for going on land. Never having been on board a cruise ship before I have no idea if this is the case?

We did the same route last tear and was surprised how warm it was, we only needed a fleese jacket and was also able to sit on the balcony in the mid Atlantic in the sun

In november, Biston was warm, and new york even warmer, at top of empire state building in t shirt at night,

However as the ship left NY, the weather turned colder and I think they had a cold snap.

Thanks Biker:D:D

Op, you seen to be looking for situations were there may be a problem. "We Experienced Cruisers" are not like that. "We" choose cruising because most of the pitfalls are taken care of. "We" don't have to find a restaurant. nor a hotel. If our feet hurt, "We" just return to our cabin to change shoes. If "We" feel cold, "We" go back to our cabin and get a sweater.

Cruising is really a stress free way to travel. Relax, Breathe, and have a wonderful cruise.

We are on Navigator of the seas, from southampton stopping at boston, NY, port Canaveral to Miami, then carnival to Nassau for a 4 day carribean cruise. I have been reading everything I can, the more I read the more confusing it is.

Believe it or not it is all very hard to imagine a cruise, or whats its like on a cruise ship when you've never done it!!! Theres the packages to decide on, and I am trying to sort an itinerary for New York but cant find out where we are docking, and also we're not sure if people think its better to book excursions with Royal Caribbean. I am very grateful for all the help from this forum.

(BTW the snow was tongue in cheek!!!)

We are on Navigator of the seas, from southampton stopping at boston, NY, port Canaveral to Miami, then carnival to Nassau for a 4 day carribean cruise. I have been reading everything I can, the more I read the more confusing it is.

Believe it or not it is all very hard to imagine a cruise, or whats its like on a cruise ship when you've never done it!!! Theres the packages to decide on, and I am trying to sort an itinerary for New York but cant find out where we are docking, and also we're not sure if people think its better to book excursions with Royal Caribbean. I am very grateful for all the help from this forum.

(BTW the snow was tongue in cheek!!!)

Please read my post above, #17

Believe it or not it is all very hard to imagine a cruise, or whats its like on a cruise ship when you've never done it!

Besides reading, I should have also mentioned viewing some youtube videos.

Edited by Biker19

You can have snow in NYC or Boston in November or you might catch shorts and t-shirt weather. It is the luck of the draw. We returned from a cruise the last week in October a few years ago to a major snow storm. We managed to catch the last bus out of NYC before service was shut down.

Bit like here then!!! I think its a case of 'be prepared' with the clothing.

I shall get watching some more you tube videos, (the link isn't working for me) and source magnetic hooks, zippy bags, magic de-creasing spray and all the other things I keep reading are essential cruise accessories!!!