Roatan Dock Crowds

RedRover96

We plan to just knock around the port at Coxen Hole. Does anyone have an idea of when all the pushy 'tour sellers" settle down outside the port exit. We were there 2 years ago and did a ship sponsored trip and didn't have to deal with leaving the port until later in the afternoon and didn't find the pushy sales people when we left to go up the street to visit Made in Roatan. We want to visit Made in Roatan again however don't want to be followed all the way up the street by "sellers".

Roatan is not one of the best ports beyond the secured dock area. There are security signs posted warning tourists. A Pearl crew member was killed there a couple of years ago, I believe. I would not proceed on my own very far outside the dock area. My opinion.

2016, we did not have an issues in Coxen Hole. Our friend's husband went diving and my DH, friend's wife and I went on a private excursion. This was our second time there and never had any issues with anyone trying to sell us anything. I guess when you are over 60 (being nice about my age-lol) they leave you alone. ;) We had a great time both times we went.

I forgot to mention that our first trip we went on a different private tour and hung around Coxen Hole for quite some time before returning to the ship.

Thanks all, we fit the "over the hill crowd" and we only want to walk a block up the street passed the port entrance to the shop Made in Roatan. Great shop for those who want to contribute directly to the local economy. We went there 2 years ago and wanted to go back for more take home gifts. This is their website https://made-in-roatan.com/ Maybe we will have a nice leisurely breakfast, and head out after the tour groups have left.

Thanks all, we fit the "over the hill crowd" and we only want to walk a block up the street passed the port entrance to the shop Made in Roatan. Great shop for those who want to contribute directly to the local economy. We went there 2 years ago and wanted to go back for more take home gifts. This is their website https://made-in-roatan.com/ Maybe we will have a nice leisurely breakfast, and head out after the tour groups have left.

Have a great time!