Post Cruise Tour in Miami?

earlbird

Take the NCL Miami excursion with airport drop-off.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I did not see this offered on our tour choices, unless I am missing something.

That would probably be perfect if available.

We rented a car from Budget port of Miami downtown location.They have a shuttle from the port. We explored South Beach and Miami. Headed up A1A checked out Hollywood beach, ate lunch in Ft Lauderdale then dropped the car off at FLL for our flight home.It was about $50 to rent the car for the day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We did a Tours by Locals and arranged prior for them to drop us off at Fort Lauderdale Airport. The tour was about 5 hours and our guide, Daniel, was flexible and took us to a bookstore, since my husband had read through all of his books during the cruise and wanted one for the flight home. We were well pleased with the experience! We even stopped for lunch at a Cuban-style restaurant. Tour was not cheap, but it was one of the highlights of our trip. It can be tailored to your interests. And, they could accommodate the 3 of us and our plethora of luggage (since we seem to ALWAYS overpack!)

We did the City Sightseeing HOHO bus. It leaves from Bayside Market. You can buy tickets from Groupon for $25pp and they sometimes have a sale $10 off/$25. We got ours for $15 pp. There are four different routes, each about 90 minutes each, so you can gauge your time to see how many you can do.

We did the City Sightseeing HOHO bus. It leaves from Bayside Market. You can buy tickets from Groupon for $25pp and they sometimes have a sale $10 off/$25. We got ours for $15 pp. There are four different routes, each about 90 minutes each, so you can gauge your time to see how many you can do.

Thank you. This is a good idea.. However, we would like something that leaves directly from the cruise terminal when we leave the ship, and we will have luggage to contend with.

LOved loved loved the AIRBOAT & Gator tour!!!

Bus from the terminal and after the gator display they will take you to either MIA or MCO airports.

You will still have some time to kill at the airport as your flight is really late but the airboat ride was neat and the guy who does the interaction with the alligators is something to see!

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Our flight home after our July cruise on the Sky is not until 7:00 P.M.

Does any one have any suggestions on how to kill a few hours once we leave the ship? We will have luggage.

We contracted with Shutttles2Go Miami for a city tour and drop off at a FLL hotel (would do Airport I am sure) The tour was outstanding. Here is a link for TripAdvisor. I did a review there.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34438-d8476166-Reviews-Shuttle_2Go_Miami-Miami_Florida.html

You will have from probably 8am to 7 pm to "kill"....I would find a day room somewhere with a pool...and chill for the afternoon! I absolutely HATE late flights home! With a day room, you'll have pool, tv, bathroom/shower, restaurants....a place "to be" for the day!

7 years ago we were in that same situation and did the airboat/gator tour, since it was convenient. While we did enjoy it, it was a mistake. We were still at the airport hours early (before noon) and was a bad way to end vacation. Given the option again, I would either rent a car for the day or find a day use hotel. One more day of relaxation rather than sitting at the airport. Oh, and it rained that day, so we were soggy messes [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Miami airport has a baggage storage facility, my intention after my cruise last month was to drop my luggage there and then head back into the city using public transport. My scheduled flight home was for 8:40pm but it was British airways on the day they had their IT meltdown so I wound up spending the day in the airport instead and ended up with BA booking me onto an earlier departing flight with Virgin.

As I had such a late flight I picked the latest disembarkation time from the ship and took the shuttle to the airport to drop my bags, when I was leaving the ship I knew about the IT issues but my flight was still showing as scheduled, by the time I was going to drop off my bags my flight was showing as cancelled.