Internet and final cruise day questions

CatsinShow

Starting the cruise today!

1. I bought the internet package a few days ago. I never got an email with the registering the internet on board. It's confirmed that I bought it but I didn't get info with a code or anything. Am I supposed to get something with a code?

2. The cruise arrives at the final destination in Seward at 5:00 AM. Am I able to choose the time that I actually get off the boat or is it assigned? There's an excursion I want to do (not through the cruise line) that is at 8:15 but I need to actually make sure I'm there on time.

1. I bought the internet package a few days ago. I never got an email with the registering the internet on board. It's confirmed that I bought it but I didn't get info with a code or anything. Am I supposed to get something with a code?

2. The cruise arrives at the final destination in Seward at 5:00 AM. Am I able to choose the time that I actually get off the boat or is it assigned? There's an excursion I want to do (not through the cruise line) that is at 8:15 but I need to actually make sure I'm there on time.

removed due to not reading the original post completely!

1. Print and/or download a copy of the receipt for buying the Internet package, I always bring copies of everything. Your cruise won't show now because ncl pulls down the bookings 24 hours or so before sailing, so after you get your key card and boarded, check with the Internet manager , not sure what her hours are the first day. There is a printed out instruction sheet at her desk that you can grab too that will walk you through the process of logging in, if prepaid there is a tab for that on the login page. 2. As previously mentioned, if doing self walk off, should be able to make it. 3. Have a great time!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

1) There is no code. When you get on the ship, put your phone into Airplane Mode, then turn on wi-fi. Join the ship's network and open a browser and go to any page (google.com). You will be redirected to NCL's portal where you will create an account based on information you already have (your name, stateroom number, etc.). Once you log in, the system will show you details on the package you purchased (metered, unlimited). The process is the same for laptops -- connect to the ship's wi-fi and open a browser.

If you purchased a metered internet package, be sure to log off from the internet when you are finished otherwise the time/data will continue to run when you're not using it.

Thanks guys. I bought the unlimited plan. I'm on a budget but honestly, I love the internet and could never take a break from it!!! Too late for me to print out the receipt.

Am I able to use the plan on both my cell phone and laptop or is it the kind of thing where they only let you use it on one device?

If I do the self walk off the cruise thing, what time do they allow this? I took a NCL maybe 11 years ago and did that but know you had to be one of the first off the ship. Is this something like if you do this you can only get off between say 6-7? I want to stay on the ship as long as possible before my excursion starts.

You can register and activate as many "devices" as you wish and have for using the "unlimited" WiFi package onboard the ship to share, one device "active" at any given time. Switch from PC to smartphone and you will be disconnected from one to the other - usage meter will pop up to show MB/minutes used.

If you have not already downloaded the free iConcierge App and the SpeedNet App from the Play Store/Apple Store, do that before sailing or embarkation to optimize the satellite connection as latency & ping time will be very high.

You do NOT get a code. When you get on the ship, you connect to the ship's wifi and type "login.com". That will take you to the ship's logon screen where you set up a userid and password. You will also be able to select your pre-purchased internet package.

You pick the time you want to disembark. There are colored tags based on the time if you want the porters to take your luggage off. I can't remember any longer, but I think that the NCL train to Anchorage leaves at 7 am, so you can get off the ship very early.

Alaska is beautiful and one of our favorite cruise destinations. Enjoy!