If you have sailed on Escape...

Tminish

Can you tell me if when you boarded the ship was facing out to sea, or if you went to the basin to turn around before you left?

I am trying to find out what view I'll have when I board. I know it's usually always different so nothing is 100% for sure. I'd just like to know what has been done the most.

Thanks in advanced.

I presume you are talking about the Miami port. Every ship I boarded in Miami did it's rotation on arrival so on departure you sail directly toward the Atlantic.

Thank you so much for your reply. Exactly the answer I was looking for! Have a wonderful day!

Our sailing it turned after setting sail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ahhhhhh...Not the answer I was looking for. LOL!!!!!!!! Thanks for the picture by the way. I know there's no way to know 100%. Just curious as to what others experience was.

I'm wanting to see that beautiful view when I walk on my balcony once I'm onboard. The only way for me to do that is for the ship to turn around in the basin when it arrives the morning of. I guess we will see.

Thanks again for your reply. Have a wonderful day!

We just sailed on her last week, she was facing towards the see for our sailing. When we returned they went to turn the boat outward again before docking.

Another point for what I want to hear. Lol! Thanks for your response. I hope that you had a wonderful time.

Had an excellent time! We sailed Royal last 2 before NCL. And we are totally sold for NCL, we feel the service and the food is just a step above RCCL.

They do need to work on the internet though, i bought the premium package, and it was pretty slow, in any case that is not a deal breaker for me.

Those getting ready to sail on here, congrats you'll have a great time!

Had an excellent time! We sailed Royal last 2 before NCL. And we are totally sold for NCL, we feel the service and the food is just a step above RCCL.

They do need to work on the internet though, i bought the premium package, and it was pretty slow, in any case that is not a deal breaker for me.

Those getting ready to sail on here, congrats you'll have a great time!

That's good to hear! I am probably going to get the lowest which allows me to post on Facebook or whatever it includes. Lol. I leave in 117 days but time is flying by!

I'm so happy you had a great time!

Forget about internet. A crime to have such a wonderful ship and spend your time on Facebook etc. [emoji41]

Well, my hopes were to login to CC and do a somewhat "LIVE" review...But there's a possibility that will change somewhere between now and then. Lol

Well, my hopes were to login to CC and do a somewhat "LIVE" review...But there's a possibility that will change somewhere between now and then. Lol

Each to their own, but I really don't understand that. You should be enjoying it and by all means review it, but at home.

I'm not having a go at you, honestly. I'm on my phone/iPad as much as the next person at home. I just want to get away from it when on vacation, especially a cruise.

January 2016 Getaway cruise - ship was facing out to Atlantic when embarking and disembarking

January 2017 Getaway cruise - ship was facing out to Atlantic when embarking but did not "turn around" when returning

Can you tell me if when you boarded the ship was facing out to sea, or if you went to the basin to turn around before you left?

I am trying to find out what view I'll have when I board. I know it's usually always different so nothing is 100% for sure. I'd just like to know what has been done the most.

Thanks in advanced.

Our favorite spot to do sailaway is at the Cellars bar on the Deck 8 Waterfront. Right after muster, we head out on to the Waterfront and grabbed a couple of stools. Then had a drink and watched the sights of Miami and Southbeach.

I live in Miami and see the Escape in port every Saturday. NCL seems to prefer to turn its ships in the basin on arrival rather than at departure. Carnival, on the other hand, has their ships facing towards Downtown Miami more often. There have been times that the Escape has been facing towards land, but that's happened maybe two or three times in a year's span.

I've always wondered what goes into the decision to go into the basin at arrival or departure. It may be a good question to ask the Captain on the cruise.

Regardless, you're going to have a great view. Unless you're on a very low deck, even if the ship is facing towards Miami, you're still going to have a great view of Downtown Miami, Brickell, Biscayne Bay and Key Biscayne. In fact, if the ship goes into the turning basin at departure, you'll get a beautiful, up-close view of Downtown Miami, Museum Park, the American Airlines Arena and Bayside.

On the way out you'll have a beautiful view to the North; the MacArthur Causeway, Biscayne Bay, Miami Beach, etc. I don't think that you can lose either way. Don't sweat it, it's going to be great.

The port side will always be facing Miami Beach on sailaway even if she turns in the basin before departing. I imagine if there are exterior maintenance opportunities, these will determine which way she faces at the dock for boarding.