On board Magic for two weeks- got any questions? Ask away

Seago2

Following. Thank you so far for mentioning Any Time Dining (we always do) and 1 or 2 other things....

Have you sailed Breeze as well? Loved Breeze and have been curious about how Magic compares.

Oh and Amber Cove? Wondering how it measures up to other ports

Have not sailed Breeze. Amber Cove- we did a Carnival excursion, Big 3: zip line, ropes course, and something billled as an "exciting ride", lol, which was really sitting in some 50 year old military bus and rumbling along rock covered roads for 50 minutes. Oh and there's a beautiful beach there too. And a lunch but we didn't have time for it. It was really a fun excursion.

Sapphire Beach was gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Sea Dogs- meh. Clearly the hot dogs are boiled and then quickly thrown on a grill on one side. So overall: kind of mushy. Mongolian Wok: I went embarkation day, no line. Don't know about other days but will keep my eyes open. Pig and Anchor: again don't know but will find out.

Was on Magic last week. Pig and Anchor was only open on sea days. And the line was long at opening. There's 2 lines so make sure to check both! Supposed to open at 11;30 but it opened sooner, prob bc the lineup was forming so early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't get your hopes up! It's a backpack made for a doll, remember those Chrissy dolls? Like that size. It's a joke. We unrolled the thing and laughed out loud. So we brought them down to GS and exchanged the for little chargers in holders. So this cruise I guess we keep the backpack. Honestly Croc visors would have been better :')

Hopefully, it will have changed to something more useful by my Sept cruise.

Definitely go see Hidden Figgures. Really Really, Good Movie

So now I have another question.. I'm going to put both so it's easier to just reply to one... 1) wondering about the spa specials they're offering on port days... and 2) I'll be on deck 9 too- how's the noice from Lido above?

Thanks much! Happy cruising!!

So now I have another question.. I'm going to put both so it's easier to just reply to one... 1) wondering about the spa specials they're offering on port days... and 2) I'll be on deck 9 too- how's the noice from Lido above?

Thanks much! Happy cruising!!

I don't know about spa specials but will check next time we're in port. We are all the way forward on nine so there's no noise from above. I would imagine there is noise under the Lido Buffet but I don't know for sure.

Haven't seen this question asked but sorry if it has. Just curious when you boarded for your first leg of the trip was your sail and sign card in your mailbox or did you get it at check in? Thanks

Edited by Soxfan04
Misspelling

We get on when you get off, so hurry up lol! Thanks for all the great information!

Quick question, when we were on the Breeze the water in the buffet area came out at a snails pace which created long lines for water. Do you know if that's the same on the magic??

Have not sailed Breeze. Amber Cove- we did a Carnival excursion, Big 3: zip line, ropes course, and something billled as an "exciting ride", lol, which was really sitting in some 50 year old military bus and rumbling along rock covered roads for 50 minutes. Oh and there's a beautiful beach there too. And a lunch but we didn't have time for it. It was really a fun excursion.

Thank you and that's ok, I found another thread that compares Breeze and Magic. I saw the Carnival ad for that old military bus excursion lol. Glad to know that you had a fun excursion, some are a real bust.

Thank you also for doing this, I know that it eats into your cruise time and I really appreciate you keeping this going, lots of good info so far!

We get on when you get off, so hurry up lol! Thanks for all the great information!

Quick question, when we were on the Breeze the water in the buffet area came out at a snails pace which created long lines for water. Do you know if that's the same on the magic??

Wonder if Carnival still offers advance ordering of bottled water? $2.99 per 12-pack, we've gotten that on a couple of previous cruises and it was there for us when we checked in to our cabin. Guess I can't see the package options until we actually book a cruise....

Wonder if Carnival still offers advance ordering of bottled water? $2.99 per 12-pack, we've gotten that on a couple of previous cruises and it was there for us when we checked in to our cabin. Guess I can't see the package options until we actually book a cruise....

Yes the 12 pack of bottled water is still available for purchase online after you have booked your cruise. We did it on Vista in February. However, the price has raised. I believe it is $3.99 now.

Yes the 12 pack of bottled water is still available for purchase online after you have booked your cruise. We did it on Vista in February. However, the price has raised. I believe it is $3.99 now.

Actually the total purchase price is now $4.50 for 12-pk bottled water. Has gone up just a lil bit.

Thank you both! Still not such a bad price for the convenience and DH needs it for his diabetes and meds.

Definitely worth it for the convenience. If you buy each bottle separately at one of the bars, it would definitely cost much more. Easier to pre-order the 12 pack.

Definitely worth it for the convenience. If you buy each bottle separately at one of the bars, it would definitely cost much more. Easier to pre-order the 12 pack.

Ditto. I did not know that. I will order it too. Why I hang around these message boards. I always find helpful information on Carnival Site. Need it for same reason. Meds.

Yeah the price is ok but I'm disappointed that you can only get "filtered" water and not spring water. I'll live but if I can't bring my own water they should expand the options I think.

Omg this wifi! Argh

The champagne, as it were, is Duc De Val Mer. Looks like a headache in a glass to be honest. ;p

The water in Lido does come out super slowly. There are lines.

People have decorated doors all over the place and there is a FB group about it but I don't personally know if they are magnetic. The ceilings are though; we have the birthday decoration package and they are magnetically stuck to the ceiling.

Sail and sign card was given to us before we boarded, old fashioned style. No machines that "ding" any more, they have hand held tablets that read your card. Much faster,

Have to give a shout out to La Cucina Capitano. So good. That plus the steak house, sooo well worth the uocharge.

I heard you can eat at la cucina capitano on embarkation day for lunch without the extra charge; did you find this to be true? Thanks! Enjoying all your info!

I heard you can eat at la cucina capitano on embarkation day for lunch without the extra charge; did you find this to be true? Thanks! Enjoying all your info!

Yes you can. The lunch is a pasta bar and some other dishes (like lasagna). I understand it is free all week at lunchtime.

We started off early and switched to any time. If you get there at 5:45-6:00 you'll be out by 7. Any time is best for the two of us so they don't stick us at an awkward table of four. Big tables I don't mind but it's hard to keep up convo with two other people for 7 nights. Any time rules! Plus you sit in different areas of the dining room, see different sights.

Thanks for the information...ALL this information, actually. We sail in just 6 days for my big 4-0 birthday celebration.