On board Magic for two weeks- got any questions? Ask away

Seago2

We had bitter and blanc tonight, once again not on the Hub App but on the menu. The Hub App is great and I wonder how I ever lived without it. Just being able to quickly toggle between users on the wifi plan without waiting for the wifi to slooooowly crawl along is great. But some times are wrong and the menu coverage is about 75% correct.

The small coffee shop, Plaza Cafe, is only on the Promenade Deck, sadly. I love it when it's in back of the Lido Buffet as well. But truly the regular coffee has been really good this trip. I'm a FOB so I drink a lot of coffee and I like lattes.

I'm not sure which port you are asking about below but today was San Juan and we were here with Norwegian Escape, at Charlotte Amalie from 8 am- 3:30 pm.

If I get a chance to ask Dr. E I will. Funny but we have two views of Dr. E in this cabin... I think he's funny and entertaining and he drives my 19 year old son crazy. He can be a bit much to take on the loudspeaker with his singing. The morning show seems a bit over the top and forced at times.

Ok mental note to check champagne type and diet drink types tomorrow!

Gotta go, son is about to do the dreaded "switch devices" on my. Shared wifi blows!

Sorry, correction, I was looking at tomorrow's fun times. We were in St. Thomas from like 11:30 til 6:30. We took a taxi to Sapphire Beach.

Dinner times: the night we had early dining it took a while because our table mates were 20 minutes late. There was also a period of about 15 minutes where we just sat there with empty plates.

Since we switched to Any Time dinners have been 60 minutes or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, correction, I was looking at tomorrow's fun times. We were in St. Thomas from like 11:30 til 6:30. We took a taxi to Sapphire Beach.

Dinner times: the night we had early dining it took a while because our table mates were 20 minutes late. There was also a period of about 15 minutes where we just sat there with empty plates.

Since we switched to Any Time dinners have been 60 minutes or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You thought you were in San Juan but now you made a correction and you were in St Thomas? LOL. How could you even confuse the 2?

You thought you were in San Juan but now you made a correction and you were in St Thomas? LOL. How could you even confuse the 2?

I had two Fun Times sitting by my bed and I read the wrong one. BTW, you check off the card when you board whether you want AM, PM, or "both" cleaning services from your steward. I ticked "both". All I have received is AM. At night he leaves the Fun Times, etc, in the mailbox. If I see him in the hallway I ask for new beach towels. Not a huge deal, just letting you know.

Boarding in PC was a total breeze but this is our first Platinum cruise- what a difference! Lol. It's laughable. They whisked us away to comfortable chairs and did everything, them we waited in more comfortable chairs. On board at 11. Room ready but none of the others around us were so I felt bad for intruding on their work. Suitcases delivered at 6.

Muster was in the first floor of the Showcase Theater, which is three stories. All stories filled with people. It's a lot easier but if there's a fire I'm going to have a hard time forcing myself to go from nine, two doors away from the secret deck and fresh air, way down into 3 forward. It might be a drag to muster under the lifeboats but think about it. I could go on here.

I have never been to the naughty room! I don't drink and I don't have a habit of bringing my nunchucks on board ;p.

Seriously, I don't know how people can risk having to deal with security and the naughty room. What a way to start a vacay,

Can you find out how long Dr E is going to be there as CD?

Also, what movies are showing?

There is a thread on here that tells you , BUT. When are you going? I will have to look up specific dates, but Dr. E is on til November 17 then off on vacation til January 18, then back on Magic after that!

What's the "naughty" room. When you cabbed to sapphire beach. Are there always cabs waiting there to get back? Also does this beach have regulat chair seating as a cafe/dining?? My mom can't get low to the ground.

The naughty room is a cutesy name given to a place where grown adults have their smuggled liquor confiscated. Can you tell my opinion on that? It's like skipping tips.

Anyway, yes there are cabs waiting after, yes there are loungers. Here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2512696

Watching sail away from San Juan on the bow cam. It's formal,night, aka cruise elegant night. Most of the men had on ties and jackets the last formal night. A group of men were turned away by the hostess but the women, who were wearing sundresses, were let in. You could tell they honestly didn't know it was formal night and were coming right back with collared shirts and pants instead of shorts.

I have seen no bad behavior on this cruise, no big kids acting up (or even littles acting up), everyone has been polite. Definitely a higher level demographic than my last few sailings.

Are you doing back to back cruises or is this one long cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back to back, one 7 and one 8.

To the person who asked about bottomless bubbles/cheers and diet sports drinks, the answer is no. They are all sugar containing.

Still have to find out about the champagne, will do!

There is a thread on here that tells you , BUT. When are you going? I will have to look up specific dates, but Dr. E is on til November 17 then off on vacation til January 18, then back on Magic after that!

Great news. I have read so many positive reviews of Dr. E as Cruise Director. We are on in August.

Back to back, one 7 and one 8.

To the person who asked about bottomless bubbles/cheers and diet sports drinks, the answer is no. They are all sugar containing.

Still have to find out about the champagne, will do!

Thanks for taking the time to find out answer to my question...really appreciate it! Have an awesome cruise!

How is the internet service? I am sailing on July 8th and will have to take an exam while in port on July 10th. I can deal with little slow but I'm scared to death I will lose my connection and get locked out of my exam. Any information you can provide about the internet will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!