Extra room key

goldencruiser

We have two cabins on an upcoming sailing and we were wondering if we would be able to to have keys for both rooms. We have two rooms booked with two in each room. We will actually be having 3 in one room and 1 person in the second room. It was cheaper to book it this way.

No problem as long as a passenger who is officially booked in the cabin is the one who requests the extra key to that cabin.

(In other words, if I am not booked in Bob's cabin and request a key to it, they won't give me one, but Bob can request an extra key to give to me.)

Another factor to consider is how the tips to the stateroom attendants will be allocated (unless both cabins have the same stateroom attendant).

No problem as long as a passenger who is officially booked in the cabin is the one who requests the extra key to that cabin.

(In other words, if I am not booked in Bob's cabin and request a key to it, they won't give me one, but Bob can request an extra key to give to me.)

Another factor to consider is how the tips to the stateroom attendants will be allocated (unless both cabins have the same stateroom attendant).

I would assume that both rooms will have the same attendant since the rooms are one apart from each other near the end of the hallway. I don't think that tips will be a problem, as both rooms have two people in them on paper, so one attendant wouldn't be shorted, as they will be getting all the tips that they were supposed to get. We are organized and clean people, and try to be easy for them, as we know how each attendant has many rooms to clean.

I know you will double check about the attendant -- but it is sometimes possible that two adjacent rooms have different stewards. I was recently in 8102 at the end of the hallway on the bow, and had a different steward than the room next door.

We are doing the same this summer. I am traveling with my parents and I am booked in a cabin with my mom and my Dad is booked in a cabin alone. Why? My Dad has the most Captains Club points so it only makes sense for him to earn the double points (where I cruise much less frequently and have not yet cruised Celebrity). Once onboard we will just get an extra key for my Dad's room and we will let the cabin steward know that my mom will be staying next door. We have done the same on Royal with no problem. We usually go right to guest services as soon as we board (11-11:30am) to beat the line, or else we wait until the evening. We also make sure to set up our credit cards so we each will be able to charge to our own card. The only slightly annoying thing is that my mom has to come use the TV in my room to check her charges, but that isn't a huge deal!