Passport Information

Interesting. I know for certain ours were held, maybe had to do with something else.

We are from the UK and if you are on a ship you are okay for the day but a longer visit needs a visa.

We have only ever needed to show our cruise cards at the entrance to the terminals shopping centre to the security guards and again when getting back on board.

Maybe it is different for US passport holders.

We are from the UK and if you are on a ship you are okay for the day but a longer visit needs a visa.

We have only ever needed to show our cruise cards at the entrance to the terminals shopping centre to the security guards and again when getting back on board.

Maybe it is different for US passport holders.

Thinking back I think it did matter where you are from as to whether or not your passport was kept. It may have been non EU passport holders had to surrender them.

On our cruise out of Dubai pretty sure everyone had to turn them over.

I guess I'll never cruise to Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Being without access to my passport? No way

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've never been to Dubai or Abu Dhabi either, but we've had to surrender our passports on several cruises. One was the Mariner Around the Horn cruise leaving from Port Canaveral and returning to LA, we were required to hand them over at check in. Another cruise was Radiance in 2014, we were required to give them to ship personnel stationed at the terminal in Wellington, NZ as we returned to the ship from our day in port. There was at least one other cruise in the Mediterranean but I can't recall which one it was!:D

Sherri:)

We are the unfortunate ones who got their passports lifted while in a foreign country. The immigration folks said that pickpockets watch people coming off the ships and then plan their targets (you all know how crowded that dash off the ship can be in certain locations - and it seems there is always a "choke point" .....they think that is where we got our lifted from zippered jacket pockets - didn't feel a thing other than people jostling me. It was a little difficult to get back into the US - luckily we had other forms of ID which worked. It was a royal pain to apply for new passports. I don't carry my passport unless required by the country we are visiting. In subsequent trips when I was required to carry my passport - it was under my shirt in a special carry case....same for my husband.

Thinking back I think it did matter where you are from as to whether or not your passport was kept. It may have been non EU passport holders had to surrender them.

On our cruise out of Dubai pretty sure everyone had to turn them over.

In Dubai they kept our passports at check in and we got them back to get into Abu Dhabi terminal when we had to leave our passports again with officials there.We got our passports back on the last day and our passports had Dubai,Abu Dhabi and Oman entry and exit stamps in them.

In Dubai they kept our passports at check in and we got them back to get into Abu Dhabi terminal when we had to leave our passports again with officials there.We got our passports back on the last day and our passports had Dubai,Abu Dhabi and Oman entry and exit stamps in them.

My experience was different. They took our passports at check in in Dubai but we didn't get them back until last day. We had UAE and Omani entry/exit stamps as well as visas. This was in 2012 so things may be different now.

My experience was different. They took our passports at check in in Dubai but we didn't get them back until last day. We had UAE and Omani entry/exit stamps as well as visas. This was in 2012 so things may be different now.

We were on Brilliance in January 2011 and January 2012 in Dubai and that was the procedure then.

We were on Vision February 2017 in Dubai and these new procedures were in place then.

We were on Brilliance in January 2011 and January 2012 in Dubai and that was the procedure then.

We were on Vision February 2017 in Dubai and these new procedures were in place then.

We didn't need visas any of our 3 visits with being from the UK.

We usually leave our passport in the safe, unless they specifically say we need our passport at that port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every Italian port on Freedom 4-11 June we were told passports were required in the cruise compass but they never were required only our seapass cards,i took an A4 photocopy of the picture page on our passports just in case.