Using "Cancel for any reason"

JudithLynne

I have searched all over and can't find answers to my questions:

1.With Princess insurance can one "cancel for any reason" even for a covered reason, i.e. if one comes down with a common cold can you bypass a needless doctor apt and paper work and just get the cruise credit?

2.How long do you have to book another cruise with a credit?

3.What is the latest that one can cancel and ask for a cruise credit? The booklet says "up until sailing." (the day of sailing?)

Hopefully some of you will be able to answer

these questions for me....thanks.

You may have to call about how long you have to book using the credit. I can't find it in my contract.

We used cancel for medical reason when my son was diagnosed with cancer. They paid quickly (you don't get your Future reward back but Princess was kind enough to give us the obc we missed out on on our next cruise) including what we paid for the future cruise certificates. Princess paid back the tax and port fees within a week. However, there was lots of paperwork for the insurance for my son's doc to fill out. It was pretty invasive and I hated to ask with all he was doing for my son. That said, once all the paperwork was in, we got our check in three weeks.

And my son is doing well after a fifteen month fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are other threads about this that you can search for that go into detail about this. Briefly, as I understand it, you can cancel for any reason at all and get the cruise credit. The deadline is the end of the year after the year in which you cancel, but I'm not sure if that is to book or to cruise. And I believe you can cancel as late as the day of sailing.

I have searched all over and can't find answers to my questions:

1.With Princess insurance can one "cancel for any reason" even for a covered reason, i.e. if one comes down with a common cold can you bypass a needless doctor apt and paper work and just get the cruise credit?

We cancelled for any reason this last April . I got a statement from Princess on fare paid including airfare.

They gave me the number AON Infinity. I called AON and started my claim. As I was talking they gave me a record number and emailed the forms with the Claim number. Filled out the form the emailed it plus the statement fro Princess. 10 days later claim was approved. 4 days later Princess had my future cruise credits set up

2.How long do you have to book another cruise with a credit?

You have one year from the day the claim was accepted.

3.What is the latest that one can cancel and ask for a cruise credit? The booklet says "up until sailing." (the day of sailing?) We cancelled four days . My Princess PVP said that he had a cancellation literally 2 hours before the cruise . The client had a medical issue when they arrived at the port.

Hopefully some of you will be able to answer

these questions for me....thanks.

Total time for claim was 3 weeks. Normally can take up 8 weeks.

This my recent experience with the insurance. No medical report was required.

As JF said, it does have to be Platinum level insurance.

I had to cancel in May under "any reason", and it all worked for me exactly as Kamloops50 says. I canceled on a Tuesday for a Saturday of that week sailing.

I got an immediate refund of some OBC that I'd purchased, and I got an immediate account credit for the port charges and airport transfers. I rebooked on another sailing, and the credits for port charges and transfers were applied to that. When the insurance company denied the claim as not being a covered reason, I got two future cruse credits, on my myself and one for DH. It's important to fill out the insurance forms carefully and include all people that were on the booking.

My husband and I are both Elite so would qualify for the Platinum level.

We actually have a credit card (Chase Sapphire) that provides insurance BUT we have two elderly cats that we need to think about. We are so grateful that "cover for any reason is out there."

We cruise all the time so a credit would be fine with us. We depart on cruise number 40 in 10 days.

We actually have a credit card (Chase Sapphire) that provides insurance BUT we have two elderly cats that we need to think about. We are so grateful that "cover for any reason is out there."

My recent "cancel for any reason" was due to a sick cat. You never know what kitties are going to pull next. As soon as we canceled, she got much better. :)

It does have to be the Platinum level insurance package. The less expensive level doesn't cover "cancel for any reason".

It is also aviable for the lower level insurance. There it is only covered to 75% not 100 % are highest plan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruise all the time so a credit would be fine with us. We depart on cruise number 40 in 10 days.

My recent "cancel for any reason" was due to a sick cat. You never know what kitties are going to pull next. As soon as we canceled, she got much better. :)

You may want to consider getting the Citibank double cash back mastercard. One of the benefits of the card is that it automatically gives you travel insurance for sit pets. If you have a note from the vet that says your pet needs constant care or cannot be left due to a health concern, Citibank will credit you whatever you charged to the card for the vacation. I still buy trip insurance for other reasons, but none of them cover pet illness.

Back to the OP, I don't know specifically how princesss insurance works, but other insurance I've used for cruises paid back 100% if I canceled for medical reasons (with doctor's paperwork) or 75% of the cruise cost towards a future cruise if booked within a year. So, doing the doctor paperwork and claiming medical reason was better than just using cancel for any reason.

You may have to call about how long you have to book using the credit. I can't find it in my contract.

We used cancel for medical reason when my son was diagnosed with cancer. They paid quickly (you don't get your Future reward back but Princess was kind enough to give us the obc we missed out on on our next cruise) including what we paid for the future cruise certificates. Princess paid back the tax and port fees within a week. However, there was lots of paperwork for the insurance for my son's doc to fill out. It was pretty invasive and I hated to ask with all he was doing for my son. That said, once all the paperwork was in, we got our check in three weeks.

And my son is doing well after a fifteen month fight.

That your son is doing well is the best news. Makes anything else incidental.

Princess will send you a letter or email with all the details .\as to dates and time you have to use the credit.

The insurance company will email you when the claim is approved. About four days after , Princess will have it on you account.

I was Told by my PVP you have to cruise within 12 months. That was later confirmed by a letter from Princess with the figures.

If you Platinum coverage you get 100% minus insurance.