Ncl dawn, carnival conquest or crown princess for rccl cruiser?

CP3o

I don't want to ask on the other forums with their respective cheerleaders and cruisers here seem to have a wide knowledge base so might be good to get unbiased. [emoji4]

I enjoyed Escape but experiences are so different on different ships.

These are older ships than normally sail , ports fine in all cases.

Never sailed Princess and Crown is a few years newer than Conquest and Dawn but may not feel that way depending on drydocks.

Any opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice, thanks, would be fun to try something new. [emoji106]

I would be traveling w 19 year olds that might like NCL waiver signed drinking policy and Carnivals Guys Burgers, but I think I read Princess has the better pizza.

Have you sailed Crown recently? I've read some reviews about needing to get in for a drydock bc getting a little rough around the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Dawn this past March. It went in dry dock Mid 2016 and came out refreshed. It is a smaller ship but we had a great time. The food was excellent and the specialty restaurants were fantastic. The layout is funky but once you get the hang of it you will stop running into dead ends! We did the Conquest in 2007. It was fine, but nothing spectacular.

If you want a good tour of the refurbished Dawn, go on the NCL board and look for the DougOut's live blog of his sailing (it was from November of last year). That should give you a good idea of what the ship looks like now.

Have been on Dawn, Crown Princess and sisters of Carnival Valor. For me it would depend on the cabin type being considered and the itinerary more than the ship.

Princess pizza was hands-down best pizza at sea (though I've not been on Princess in a few years). Guys Burgers are good. Dawn. . . not my favorite Norwegian ship though if I was considering it I would read up on how it is currently and check out the pics the person mentioned.

Good luck with your decision and just have a great cruise checking out a different line! We've had great cruises on all of them. :cool:

I think the big thing we found on the Dawn was the ship truly never felt crowded. I do agree the bigger NCL ships are more user friendly because every thing is bigger. I will say since I have children, this kids area in the back of the ship was hard to get to and very very small. Also, there are no other extras because of the size, i.e. slides, rock climbing, etc. The ship also did feel clean and refreshed nothing what I expected from a 14 year old ship.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app