HAL Coach Transfer Vancouver to Seattle

Has anyone used the HAL coach transfer post-cruise from Vancouver to Seattle? We looked into the train but the departure times are too early or too late for us. We are deciding between driving ourselves in a rental car and taking the coach transfer. Wondering if the border crossing is more complicated and time consuming on a bus? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. Let me start by saying, we usually plan our own excursions. The HAL transfer was great. When we boarded the bus, the driver asked if we were going to the airport or a hotel. We indicated a hotel and he separated our luggage.

The bus pulled in what I think was an expedited slot and we all produced our passports at the border crossing. We did have a bathroom break at that point as it is a 2-3 hour trip.

Upon arriving in Seattle, we dropped off the airport passengers. Our driver then asked which airport hotel we were staying at and dropped us off at the Doubletree. If people had a downtown hotel, they could take the light train at that point.

It was the "way to go" in our opinion.

Yes. Let me start by saying, we usually plan our own excursions. The HAL transfer was great. When we boarded the bus, the driver asked if we were going to the airport or a hotel. We indicated a hotel and he separated our luggage.

The bus pulled in what I think was an expedited slot and we all produced our passports at the border crossing. We did have a bathroom break at that point as it is a 2-3 hour trip.

Upon arriving in Seattle, we dropped off the airport passengers. Our driver then asked which airport hotel we were staying at and dropped us off at the Doubletree. If people had a downtown hotel, they could take the light train at that point.

It was the "way to go" in our opinion.

Thank you so much for your reply. Do you recall how luggage was handled? Did HAL get your luggage from your room to the bus or did you have to handle that? And whether luggage had to get on/off the bus and inspected for border crossing into US?

I've also used the HAL transfer bus, as well as Quick Shuttle when the transfer wasn't available. With both services I had to claim my suitcase and then wheel it out to the bus. It's hit or miss at the border whether the agent requires suitcase to come out. Most times I've just had to produce my passport and run my carry-on thru the scanner. Your mileage may vary.

Roz

Thank you so much for your reply. Do you recall how luggage was handled? Did HAL get your luggage from your room to the bus or did you have to handle that? And whether luggage had to get on/off the bus and inspected for border crossing into US?

When disembarking, we had to go through customs and claim our luggage in the usual manor. The port helpers directed us to our waiting coach. At the border crossing, I think we only had to scan our hand luggage. Do remember it was a reasonably quick process.

When we did the HAL transfer the bus was sealed before we left Canada Place. We all passed our passports to the driver and the CPB person took them from the driver at his side window and brought them back a bit later and we were on our way. Never had to leave our seats.

Our luggage was placed on the bus by HAL.

Once we got on the bus, it was sealed -- as mentioned above.

We had a bathroom on the bus and just went straight through at the border and our first stop was at the airport. Those of going onto hotels just sat on the bus. There is a special drop off at SeaTac and if you have a lot of luggage, there is little help there to get your luggage to your airline area.