Check your Guest Booking Invoices !

Yay yippee.....now dont touch that booking:')

and yep, I have a different system for each cruise line;p

More or less the same, shop around, compare methods and then choose which method fits best and gives the best returns for our dollar.

wow, some crazy happenings reported here. I can't help but wonder if some of the reported happenings coming out of the cruse-line website are the result of people (not the ones who end up with the problems) seemingly continually logging on and checking their multiple reservations for price reductions etc, resulting in overloading the system??

I can only touchwood & think how lucky we have been, not to have has anything like these issues happen on our previous 10 RC cruises.

The closest we have was recently when I was doing a maybe booking for an upcoming cruise - now booked. I was on-line doing a booking to see what the deal would be, when it offered me a courtesy hold for 24hrs. I took that option to discuss with DW & thus hadn't completed details for 2nd passenger (DW). I went back in afterwards to add her details, to find the total fare increased by around A$600!! I called RC & the agent said something like "oh, I see what happened there". She then advised that the actual cost should be a different amount, more than $400 less than the original amount! She said "the easiest way to fix it will be to cancel that reservation & do a new one, if that's ok with me". I agreed and she fixed it while I was on the line & I received emails for both the new reservation (at the price she told me) & the cancellation of the 'old' one whilst I was on-line. So a good result!

A few years ago we had a problem just before final payment was due. Very, very upsetting at the time.

Had to ask for a supervisor each time I rang as the first contact put the errors onto us as misunderstanding.

13 times our booking summary was issued - correct ones and the incorrect ones.

Eventually I got an experienced supervisor who told us not to use the online cruise personaliser and she would email our eticket etc. and we paid the balance over the phone to her.

Seems to be that we booked by phone with a future cruise letter during a BOGOH sale and their computer kept reverting the BOGOH to full price every time I used the cruise personaliser to make a payment. The future cruise letter was compatible in the T & Cs with the sale and the online price and original phone booking was the same amount.

Haven't purchased a future cruise letter since.

But I did take screenshots of the booking and made copies of all emails and took them with us just in case!

Have had a similar problem with Royal. Booked a cruise for March next year. It was a Grand Suite guarantee, when we went into the cruise planner found it had been changed to an Oceanview Accessible. Contacted Royal, usual wait, to be told that it is a GS and they will pass it onto their IT Dept.

Got fixed, for 2 days, then back to Oceanview. This happened 4 times in 2 weeks.

On the 5th cancelled it and booked with Princess. Just couldn't go through it over again.