Cunard Drinks Prices

CABINET

I agree. Bar prices on Cunard have gone a bit "overboard"... pun intended.

When last onboard QM2... I ordered a glass of red wine; the waitress asked if I wanted a "large" or a "small". Naturally, I was surprised, then ordered the "large". And thank God I did, because the "large" had less wine than one would receive when ordering ashore.

Sad this... but no doubt a Carnival implementation. Lower cruise fares; higher onboard pricing.

'Swings and roundabouts' even.

However, has anyone noticed empty bars onboard of an evening?

'Swings and roundabouts' even.

However, has anyone noticed empty bars onboard of an evening?

I would have thought that the people who would know the answer to that, would be the staff who serve the drinks, The bars do not necessary have to be empty to judge that question, as we all know there are plenty of passengers who sit in the lounges glued to their favourite seat who do not purchase drinks from the bar anyway.

Not everybody has and endless supply of cash or is able to pass on the bill through a company, so belts have to be tightened.

I imagine the next thing Cunard will be doing will be limiting the amount of Alcohol to be taken on board.

Remember the new prices have only been in a month.

Edited by Pennbank

Hope the prices have 'settled down' by the time we board in January. In the meantime have the new prices trickled through to the wine packages? If they remain the same it might actually work out cheaper to become a wine drinker and forgo spirits whilst on board (if possible :))

We ailed at E-W TA in May on the QM2, our first ever cruise. We initially thought that the Commodore' s lounge would be our go to spot for late night drinks. We were a bit disappointed with the "warmth" of the bartender and with the fact that the wind shades are closed after dusk (inorder to keep superfluous light out of the bridge). So we ended up in the evenings at the Chart Room. Great service, music and people watching. My wife and I drink Jack Daniels when having a final final and thought the price of $8.50 was actually a little below market price.

But here is a little tip: The gift shop on level 3 sells some sprints and their pricing is excellent. A fifth of Jack Daniels was $27, exactly what I pay at Sam's Club!

Harold

We ailed at E-W TA in May on the QM2, our first ever cruise. We initially thought that the Commodore' s lounge would be our go to spot for late night drinks. We were a bit disappointed with the "warmth" of the bartender and with the fact that the wind shades are closed after dusk (inorder to keep superfluous light out of the bridge). So we ended up in the evenings at the Chart Room. Great service, music and people watching. My wife and I drink Jack Daniels when having a final final and thought the price of $8.50 was actually a little below market price.

But here is a little tip: The gift shop on level 3 sells some sprints and their pricing is excellent. A fifth of Jack Daniels was $27, exactly what I pay at Sam's Club!

Harold

Yes the atmosphere in the Commodore on our crossing of 15 June was definitely not one of happy people. We usually go up a few times on a T/A crossing but this time twice was enough and we made far more use of the Chart Room and Champagne Bar.

Actually, I have just remembered that my OH did go up there twice in the mornings to read while I attended talks which didn't interest him. On neither occasion was he approached by a waiter offering service. Had they done so he would have ordered coffee but, as they didn't bother, neither did he. Another change though from previous trips.

I'm on the QV right now and spirits have certainly shot up. Yesterday in Spain I just had a coke and with tip and Spanish vat it was almost $5 for a piddling little bottle of the stuff.

And $9 for 2 very poor quality cappuccinos in the golden lion did rather annoy me somewhat.

I'm on the QV right now and spirits have certainly shot up. Yesterday in Spain I just had a coke and with tip and Spanish vat it was almost $5 for a piddling little bottle of the stuff.

And $9 for 2 very poor quality cappuccinos in the golden lion did rather annoy me somewhat.

Did you happen to notice if the soda package is still offered..

Cheers..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you happen to notice if the soda package is still offered..

Cheers..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It should be, but since it's Pepsi products, I probably won't purchase it. Also, I shouldn't be drinking pop at dinner, I'm a grownup.

Oh dear. All this with rude staff and canned music as well - might have to jump ship next year, despite the refit.

We'll find out in August.

Oh dear. All this with rude staff and canned music as well - might have to jump ship next year, despite the refit.

We'll find out in August.

Well all the staff are as excellent as ever but the prices are starting grind my gears a bit now. I almost fell off my pew when my first week's statement arrived.

I don't normally let the prices bother me but I do think I'm being pushed a bit too far now.

Most things are as before but I've noticed some chisseling. Portion sizes are down, which is not a bad thing, but the MDR menu seems to employ some cheaper options. Afternoon tea has seen some costing cutting with some poor quality sandwich filling and less fancy cakes. Still nice but it has been cut back.

So just small things but there's some diffenate cost cutting being employed.

And the Chart Room going is not a good thing either. Also the new gin bar is a waste of space since no one uses it.