Bingo questions

Hi all!

Sailing on the Magic in October and we're bingo addicts! Just some quick questions - what are the prices? And is that per game or per round (like 5-10 game rounds)? Do we bring our own dauber? And for the BIG question, what can we win?

Thanks for the tips, and feel free to add anything you think might help out! ;)

It's been a little while since we played Bingo on Carnival so I cannot comment on current pricing. You can buy either single cards (which can be used for multiple games) or a game sheet of multiple tickets (three individual cards/sheet, etc.). The cards/sheets are the punch out type so you do not need any dauber. The usual situation is that they have 3-5 individual games per session and the card(s) you buy are good for all the games in that session. The amount you win is dependent upon how many cards are purchased for a session and it usually escalates during the course of the cruise. The smallest payout I can recall is like $150-$200.

you can win some bucks, but their rake is outrageous. We did a rough count and added the payouts and it appeared Carnival was taking about 30%, wonder if it is split amongst the entertainment staff, or CCL just keeps it

Hi all!

Sailing on the Magic in October and we're bingo addicts! Just some quick questions - what are the prices? And is that per game or per round (like 5-10 game rounds)? Do we bring our own dauber? And for the BIG question, what can we win?

Thanks for the tips, and feel free to add anything you think might help out! ;)

I can't remember the pricing right now, but I do know that they don't do the foldover or punchout for the numbers any more, you have to use a dauber. Of course they sell them for like $3 but I bring my own! Not sure if this is all ships, but it was on the Vista and the Miracle when I sailed.

I love Carnival bingo! Two years ago I played maybe 3 times. I think I paid out about 20 a game.

I won twice on the second night and then again on the last night of the cruise. Of the 1245 dollars we spent on the cruise i.e. booze, excursions, sushi bar, I only had to pay out $175 on my final bill of the cruise.

We are cruising again on the 16th of July and I have my lucky Carnival dauber packed.:D

you can win some bucks, but their rake is outrageous. We did a rough count and added the payouts and it appeared Carnival was taking about 30%, wonder if it is split amongst the entertainment staff, or CCL just keeps it

I know the CD gets some of it.

Hello.

Bingo prices are usually:

$20 for a 3 on sheet

$30 for a 6 on sheet

$40 for a 9 on sheet, pull tab, and mini bingo dauber.

The dauber and pull tab do not come with the $20 and $30 purchases. The pull tabs are $5 a piece and I think daubers are $3. It's definitely worth paying the $40 the first session of bingo so you can get a dauber for the rest of the cruise if you didn't want to pay $40 each session.

They usually play 3-4 games of bingo per session. The first couple of games the payout is usually determined by how many people are playing. The last game is usually a special. Sometimes it's a jackpot amount if you win in 49 numbers or less (which all us a bingo fanatics know is so difficult to do) or a bean bag toss to determine how much you win.

You do get a free 3 on slip for playing multiple sessions that can be used on the last game of each session.

I play bingo on land a lot. Sometimes 30 games for a $40 buy in so the prices on the boat are high. They usually have 1 session per day. I play usually 2 sessions per cruise.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all the great info! :)

Last question, can you play bingo every night, or just a few times on a 7 night cruise?

Thanks again!

I can't answer this being 100% certain, but most of the cruises I have been on they usually have one session a day. I've also been on a cruise where they've had 2 sessions in one day. This also depends on your itinerary. They can't play in port so if it's double Puerto Vallarta they won't play the day you're in port but might play the evening you leave PV.

Last time I was on the Miracle, Thanksgiving 2016, it seemed they played a session per day, except in PV and had 2 sessions one sea day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have been on 20 cruises (All with Carnival) during the last 22 years and have played Bingo when ever it was available. it has changed a bit during the years. Price of the cards has certainly risen. Less time is actually given to playing Bingo and more time to selling the Bingo Cards while the Bingo staff joke and play stage gags. Cover-all games are far and few between since the idea is to get it over with single row games before the next event begins. As some one already mentioned, the number of players certainly has an effect on what the other prizes will be once the advertised game is played. Attendance is less than it use to be but there still is enough profit for Carnival to continue the games. The dauber is much better and easier to use than punching out a space on a Bingo card and I bring a marking pencil which is a cheap alternative.

Now don't get me wrong. I still have fun and plan to play every game on my next cruise which is already purchased. I have won 3 or 4 times for small prizes and one $500 prize. Some of the smaller prizes were split with a couple other winners. When I estimate what I have paid for the cards and compare to what I have won, I am a definite loser. Oh yah! But I lose with the Florida scratch offs so what the .................. heck!

I look at Bingo as part of the price of cruising and there is always that impossible hope that on my next cruise, I will have to get up and go on stage to pick up 2 paid tickets to a 7 days cruise that I just won. ........................................................................ It could happen! ........................................... right? ................... Well, I am still going to play any way!