Cancellation Fees

meh56

I am calculating the amount I need to insure for cancellation fee and have a question. Are the port taxes and promo grats refundable if cancelled before sailing and then I do not have to include that amount in insurance. The reason I ask is that it is a 14 day cruise so port fees are high. Thanks for any help.

I am calculating the amount I need to insure for cancellation fee and have a question. Are the port taxes and promo grats refundable if cancelled before sailing and then I do not have to include that amount in insurance. The reason I ask is that it is a 14 day cruise so port fees are high. Thanks for any help.

Yes, port fees and promo grats are refundable; including if you simply no show at the pier.

If you booked directly with NCL in the United States, it is refundable and you can cancel any time before 120 days for Havens or 90 days for other cabins without penalty. You are really insuring the <90/<120 period

Your insurance needs to cover your intended purpose (most do NOT cover "cancel for any reason").

If you booked through a travel agent, you need to refer to their cancellation policies.

You need to make sure that any insurance covers the reason that you might want to cancel. If in doubt get cancel for any reason insurance, for it to pay in full if needed you will likely have to insure the entire amount that you pay the cruise line including the port fess and taxes, but no the gratuities.