How to replace my PVP

cfr70

Is there a way for me to request a new PVP by e mail, not phone? My current one I want to toss off a cliff. He doesn't reply back to e mails, and when he does, he's very abrupt like i'm bothering him and I just lost the last cabin in a category I wanted to change my current reservation to because he took his sweet time getting back to me....and didn't even apologize when telling me that cabin was no longer available. Well it was there when I asked for it and in big red letters saying "LAST ONE LEFT!"

I can't just call the Carnival reservation line due to hearing impairment and if I could, I would've just done that when he never replied and I would've got that cabin I wanted. This is the unfortunate situation for me that i'm chained to...having a PVP because I can't just call up and have to go through everything via e mail, so i'm stuck with a PVP. They have all the power if I want to make a change. :(

So is there a specific Carnival e mail address I can write to requesting a new one? I don't want to ask the current buffoon I want to replace him because I don't want to cause waves....but I just want to get him out.

Get a recommendation from someone. If I could tell you the name of mine on here I would. Sadly I can't. What I also like about my guy is he has a FB page so you can always reach him that way as well. He is VERY good about getting back quickly.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Thank you. I am aware of the rules here about sharing PVP names, that's why I wanted to know if Carnival had a specific e mail address I can request one. I had a great one for years until she left and boy do I miss her! She would always reply to me the same day...maybe she spoiled me lol. I'm just bummed I missed out on that cabin...AND that sailing I wanted also went UP in price by $20 while waiting for him to get back to me. Grrr.

It almost sounds like we have the same PVP. I got so fed up with ours that I called Carnival customer service and went through all their automated mumbo jumbo and their annoying questions just to get an answer to two quick questions we had.

I then asked if I could get a new PVP. She told me no we couldn't because we were already booked. We'd have to wait until a new booking to get a new one. Just to see what would happen, I called back a little later, got a new customer service rep., and got the very same answer. We'd have to wait until we booked again. What's the big deal? If we're not happy with the service of our "personal" vacation planner, doesn't Carnival want to make sure we're satisfied?

Ours refuses to correspond via email, which is our preferred method because it's more convenient and I can make sure I don't forget anything. When I email him a question, he'll email me back just to tell me to call him. Seriously, you'll reply with an email to call you but can't just answer the question? I've tried to call him, get his voicemail, email him to tell him I can't reach him and just need a quick answer to a question, but all he'll do is reply to tell me to call him. One time I called and finally got him. It was within the business hours he included in his original introduction email, but he said he was in his car on his way home. I apologized and he said they let them off early on Friday's. He didn't note that in his business hours. He told me to call that same number back, leave a voicemail or, get this, email him. So I emailed him as requested. He replied to tell me he was home and I could call. :mad: That's when I was done with him and called Carnival (as mentioned above). I haven't tried to contact him since.

It almost sounds like we have the same PVP. I got so fed up with ours that I called Carnival customer service and went through all their automated mumbo jumbo and their annoying questions just to get an answer to two quick questions we had.

I then asked if I could get a new PVP. She told me no we couldn't because we were already booked. We'd have to wait until a new booking to get a new one. Just to see what would happen, I called back a little later, got a new customer service rep., and got the very same answer. We'd have to wait until we booked again. What's the big deal? If we're not happy with the service of our "personal" vacation planner, doesn't Carnival want to make sure we're satisfied?

Ours refuses to correspond via email, which is our preferred method because it's more convenient and I can make sure I don't forget anything. When I email him a question, he'll email me back just to tell me to call him. Seriously, you'll reply with an email to call you but can't just answer the question? I've tried to call him, get his voicemail, email him to tell him I can't reach him and just need a quick answer to a question, but all he'll do is reply to tell me to call him. One time I called and finally got him. It was within the business hours he included in his original introduction email, but he said he was in his car on his way home. I apologized and he said they let them off early on Friday's. He didn't note that in his business hours. He told me to call that same number back, leave a voicemail or, get this, email him. So I emailed him as requested. He replied to tell me he was home and I could call. :mad: That's when I was done with him and called Carnival (as mentioned above). I haven't tried to contact him since.

Wow. Yours seems worse than mine! I thought I was the only one who hated my PVP lol. I guess it does makes sense that you'd have to wait until the next booking to have the current one replaced since it is technically their booking. Lesson learned. I'll suffer with this one until sailing and will make sure to cut him loose and have a new one in place before booking the next cruise.

Good advice above to ask while on the ship for recommendations. Will ask around while on board!

Wow. Yours seems worse than mine! I thought I was the only one who hated my PVP lol. I guess it does makes sense that you'd have to wait until the next booking to have the current one replaced since it is technically their booking. Lesson learned. I'll suffer with this one until sailing and will make sure to cut him loose and have a new one in place before booking the next cruise.

Good advice above to ask while on the ship for recommendations. Will ask around while on board!

I wouldn't call it "his booking" because he didn't book our cruise. We booked through one of the regular customer service reps. and he emailed us a little over a week later to tell us he had been assigned as our PVP.

We don't have too many questions because I've learned a lot through the Carnival FAQ's, the old Carnival forums, and this forum, but there's times when I want to be absolutely certain about something and want their official word. It's been a couple months since I've tried to contact him. Not that I've needed to, but I might try one more time just to see if I get the same run-around. If I do, we'll just use customer service if need be.

I wouldn't call it "his booking" because he didn't book our cruise. We booked through one of the regular customer service reps. and he emailed us a little over a week later to tell us he had been assigned as our PVP.

We don't have too many questions because I've learned a lot through the Carnival FAQ's, the old Carnival forums, and this forum, but there's times when I want to be absolutely certain about something and want their official word. It's been a couple months since I've tried to contact him. Not that I've needed to, but I might try one more time just to see if I get the same run-around. If I do, we'll just use customer service if need be.

Not saying it's right, but that might have something to do with why he's not attentive. I have nothing to say but positive things to say about my guy. I have caught him at home doing yard work, before going out on New Years Eve, even in his car. If he is busy he will call me back. I find it's quicker to talk by phone vs email. But I can also FB Messenger and he gets back to me quick.

We do not use one specific person with Carnival to book our cruises. We research what we want and need (handicap for DH) then call to book.

If I have questions or need to add something I can't online I call. Who ever answers my call gets my business.

No issues. I have on file with Carnival do not call me. I will call if interested in something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do not use one specific person with Carnival to book our cruises. We research what we want and need (handicap for DH) then call to book.

If I have questions or need to add something I can't online I call. Who ever answers my call gets my business.

No issues. I have on file with Carnival do not call me. I will call if interested in something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's different for me because I don't have the luxury of picking up the phone to call anymore. Believe me, if I could still use the phone, I wouldn't need a PVP for anything and would just do my business with anyone on the other end of Carnival's main line.

But i'm stuck going through e-mail channels for everything, therefore i'm chained to the PVP's, at their mercy and forced to do everything on their schedule...so if they don't write me back, or took the day off of or simply like to ignore me, I can't say "to hell with him", i'm calling a Carnival rep instead so I don't miss that cabin, or sale, or what have you...and if I miss it because of him, it's "too bad".....don't like that.

At least NCL has 24/7 chat available and it's a godsend for me.

I will ask this because I think I know the answer but could be wrong: for those on this thread who currently have a cruise booked via a PVP and you're unhappy with him/her, could you not transfer that booking to an outside TA, assuming you had one that you knew and trusted? :confused:

You can do this - there is a time frame involved. Once you have it transferred you deal directly with your TA. Next time - if you have a TA you trust - work with them and not Carnival directly.

Betty

I will ask this because I think I know the answer but could be wrong: for those on this thread who currently have a cruise booked via a PVP and you're unhappy with him/her, could you not transfer that booking to an outside TA, assuming you had one that you knew and trusted? :confused:

You can do this - there is a time frame involved. Once you have it transferred you deal directly with your TA. Next time - if you have a TA you trust - work with them and not Carnival directly.

Betty

Any idea what that time frame is from the point of initial booking to transfer? I suppose it does make sense that there's a time limit but I'm curious as to the duration of that window to transfer.

Edit: I did a quick web search and it appears that (depending on the cruise line) you have to make the transfer anywhere from 30-90 days after the original booking and prior to final payment. Hopefully some folks who have done this have more Carnival-specific info.

Edited by joepeka

Any idea what that time frame is from the point of initial booking to transfer? I suppose it does make sense that there's a time limit but I'm curious as to the duration of that window to transfer.

Edit: I did a quick web search and it appears that (depending on the cruise line) you have to make the transfer anywhere from 30-90 days after the original booking and prior to final payment. Hopefully some folks who have done this have more Carnival-specific info.

I believe it's 60 days.

Hey, now! At least I correct myself when I'm not right [emoji41]. You know I am a stickler for accurate info! And note I said "I believe" in my first post [emoji14].

Yes, understood. I also couch my responses similarly if I'm not totally sure or just going on educated speculation. :halo:

It's different for me because I don't have the luxury of picking up the phone to call anymore. Believe me, if I could still use the phone, I wouldn't need a PVP for anything and would just do my business with anyone on the other end of Carnival's main line.

But i'm stuck going through e-mail channels for everything, therefore i'm chained to the PVP's, at their mercy and forced to do everything on their schedule...so if they don't write me back, or took the day off of or simply like to ignore me, I can't say "to hell with him", i'm calling a Carnival rep instead so I don't miss that cabin, or sale, or what have you...and if I miss it because of him, it's "too bad".....don't like that.

At least NCL has 24/7 chat available and it's a godsend for me.

Have you thought about emailing Guest Services - Special Needs, explaining your hearing issues, and then asking them for assistance with your problem. Throw in that you feel their inability to provide you with the same service level as a hearing person makes you feel discriminated against. They'll help you out for sure.

If you need general information about accessibility before you cruise, please call our Guest Access team at 1-800-438-6744 ext.70025 or email specialneeds@carnival.com. If you have an ADA complaint, please email us at access@carnival.com. Carnival's designated ADA Responsibility Officer is Vicky Rey, Vice President Guest Care and Port Services.

Have you thought about emailing Guest Services - Special Needs, explaining your hearing issues, and then asking them for assistance with your problem. Throw in that you feel their inability to provide you with the same service level as a hearing person makes you feel discriminated against. They'll help you out for sure.

If you need general information about accessibility before you cruise, please call our Guest Access team at 1-800-438-6744 ext.70025 or email specialneeds@carnival.com. If you have an ADA complaint, please email us at access@carnival.com. Carnival's designated ADA Responsibility Officer is Vicky Rey, Vice President Guest Care and Port Services.

Thanks for this advice. That e mail address for special needs seems to be exactly what I need and hopefully someone there can either direct me to a PVP who will be more aware of my circumstances or perhaps help directly with booking concerns.

I just wish Carnival had an instant chat feature or at least implement it for special needs customers. I notice many companies adding this service to their general "Contact Us" pages and for me, it's the equivalent to picking up the phone and dealing instantly with a concern rather than wait hours or days for an e mail reply. Especially when there's 1 cabin left on a category I want, time is of the essence!