Emerald Princess $10 sale on ship

stjlo

There is also a "big sale" on most Princess cruises on the last sea day in one of the dining rooms. Clothing, souvenirs, leftover port souvenirs from earlier sailings, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I still go to this sale, although rarely buy anything. Years ago I bought a Princess keychain for 99 cents and it broke a few months ago :( I'm hoping to find another one (even better if it's 99 cents) at the next dining room bargain sale in November.

Twice my DH bought a watch, the first one lasted 6 years, the second he just bought in November. Great bargains and nice watches. It is his day to day watch and he tells people he got it on a Princes cruise;) Not too shabby for $10.

DH buys the $10 watches to wear when he goes fishing. If it gets wet/dirty/lost it's no big loss since we also get the Elite 10% off. He has some that are 4, 5, and 6 years old and are still running on the original batteries.

There are sometimes good bargains to be found, but it's always a madhouse for the first 30 minutes or so.

On our Baltic/TA cruise last year the prices on some items were higher at the end of the cruise sale than they were at the $10 sale.

My roomie bought a $10 watch that didn't even make it off the ship. Pretty easy to return though.

I bought a hat, well because I *thought* I'd need one, then never wore it, shawls, same story, but they sure are fun to look at. Hubby bought a tie, which looks much more expensive than the $10 price. I also found some great cuff links last time and gave a set to my house sitter, who's cruised with me (the roomie of the broken watch).

The one in the dining room has plenty of stock, so you can be there whenever. The one at the central stairs, not as much, they'll run out and put other stock up, with a sign saying "$10 out of stock".

Originally posted by Colo Cruiser
That would be the nickel sale.

"Lest we forget. The elite 10% discount applies."

I guess then it would be the dollar sale....can honestly say I've yet to find anything worth standing in line for at these sales even with the 10% discount😊

At times they do have higher priced items.

We've bought Red Princess rain jackets, the ones that fold into their own pocket, for $15. Half the price of the navy ones still in the shops.

As others have said, no pressure at all. Almost everything is dumped onto tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife loves to go there. It was like going to Filene's basement in Boston. Where girls went to buy a wedding dress on sale. You may have seed it on TV.

Tony

Accidently got caught up in one of those in the 1990s. I'd gone to Boston for a city break, and being from the UK had never heard of Filene's. Happened to go there one day just to shop and wondered why it resembled the opening day of the Harrods sale. Never seen such madness:D

The sale usually lasts 3 hours. I'm sure the first hour is crazy. But later the crowd thins considerably.

Some decent bargains. Nice (cheap watches). I usually pull the pin so the battery doesn't drain if I only wear it occasionally.

I agree with this, I go the last hour of the sale, there is still a good selection and has never been crowded. We've picked up purses and souvenirs for our 6 year old grand daughter.

DH buys the $10 watches to wear when he goes fishing. If it gets wet/dirty/lost it's no big loss since we also get the Elite 10% off. He has some that are 4, 5, and 6 years old and are still running on the original batteries.

It's about the only thing worth buying except that my wife sometimes finds a top. Most of it is junk imo.

Trinkets that people will spend a few dollars on for souvenirs to give away.:D

It's where I've purchased my evening clutches that I only use when I cruise. They are so small they only hold a few things like glasses, cruise card and lipstick. I also bought a $10 watch to wear ashore in ports where I've been warned not to wear anything valuable.

My husband has purchased some decent T-shirts there that were "end of season". Caribbean ones on a TA Cruise - that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Accidently got caught up in one of those in the 1990s. I'd gone to Boston for a city break, and being from the UK had never heard of Filene's. Happened to go there one day just to shop and wondered why it resembled the opening day of the Harrods sale. Never seen such madness:D

Madness makes it sound OK :D. It was crazy madnesses. When they showed it on TV I would laugh and say you have to be crazy to go there. Most women from Boston loved Filene's it's been closed for a long time :(

Tony

Granddaughter loves here zebra slap-on watch, and it is now on third set of batteries in four years. And if you use fanny packs the ones they sell have larger pockets than standard ones you get elsewhere. Make very good small camera bags.