101(or less)things about our cruise or things you want to know but are afraid to ask!

catmand

I am soooo happy we discovered cruising. There is definitely something for everyone. These board have also been a big plus. It has been a great way to keep in touch with our cruising buddies and learn cool new stuff.

On our last cruise I/we really enjoyed meeting Marilyn and Pat every morning for breakfast and getting together at other times during the cruise... Goat cheese soufflé yummmmmmmmmmm!

I love the afternoon tea.

I really like taking part of one day, hanging out in the room, reading, napping and a food tray:D , just kind of hiding away.

And I am very appreciative of all the hard working staff.

Planning, booking, going, 3 things I like to do! ( oh and I guess talking about it) 4 things.

Boy, I do blather on.

Happy sails, Wanda

catmand- theNCL SPIRIT...hehe...that was the ship we were on. We had a balcony and and 2 inside rooms for the kids. I remember how narrow those beds were. Did you check under the beds? Some of them have a trundle that sides out. I originally assumed that they were there in case you wanted another to sleep in the cabin.....but maybe they are there to catch you when you fall?

I am teasing a bit, but I agree, the Spirit was wonderful for my family. Food was just "good", can't complain about that. They never once cleaned the balcony glass and by the end of the week you could not see through it....but we lived.....and I did not find the room steward to be very personable (should I demand a refund?)

How nice to read something positive--you know, I have a couple of friends who are always saying, when we sail on Princess--"Don't know why you don't try a good one"

Anyway we have 5 cruises booked for 2006 and 3 for 2007 on Princess

crazy thing, my friend who makes a lot of these comments is taking Princess in January--you just never know

Nancy:)

By the way, we have cruised others

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as I don't have to go to work, cook, clean or do manual labor and the hardest decision I have to make is what to have for dinner-then I'm happy.

I agree!! A cruise is SO relaxing to me..although I must say,a g/f and I took the Elation in October...and I found the fact that you could not go front to back a little confusing,but we had a good laugh at ourselves for finding it difficult! By the time we had it all figured out,the cruise was over!! Ha...Dot

I have yet to go on my first cruise -- two months to go yet!

I cannot imagine how anyone could say the food was horrible! I'm sure it will be wonderful because.....

1) I don't have to cook it

2) I can eat what I want, when I want, where I want and as much as I want.

3) I have no other cruises to compare the food to

4) When my dining out options at home usually include McDonalds, Applebees or Chinese takeout, cruise food will rate 4-stars with me for sure! Hey, I've seen their menus!

5) I'm not a food snob. I haven't met many meals I haven't liked!!

I have another one to add. Some of the best people that I have met have come from our roll call boards.

So meeting people on board can be a "good thing" as Martha Stewart would say.

I completely agree! On my last cruise, I met some WONDERFUL people from the cc roll call.. I had so much fun with them, I'm planning on cruising with them again in 2007!!!

I'm just thankful my family has been able to cruise. So many people can't afford a vacation at all. Growing up we didn't do anything close to a vacation. I count it a blessing to get on a ship and sail away into the blue yonder with the people I love the most. The food, entertainment, room service, and ports are secondary. After 5 cruises, any cruise is wonderful, every ship is a new experience.

Karen

Catmand, thanks for the great post. You are exactly right - people do focus on the negative many times and let it overshadow the other 99% that was positive.

We have been on 6 cruises and have NEVER had a major complaint...all cruises have been fantastic.

What a joy to read this thread. I have completed 26 Princess Cruises and over 50 total. Do you think I like it. I even cruised on the old Boheme many years ago where they did not have a midnight buffet, they had a midnight snack LOL. Cruising is what you make it and I make it just fine. Any time I am waited on hand and foot WOW. Happy cruising everyone.

Barbara

I have no choice but to agree with Chuck's original comments, and most of those since. Someone once said "only get upset about the big things, let the little things take care of themselves". The listener wanted to know how you knew the difference. The reply was "Birth...Death...Big things. Everything else is small stuff". If people want to complain about small stuff, so be it. Just don't expect me to back you up.

[quote name='jennew']catmand- theNCL SPIRIT...hehe...that was the ship we were on. We had a balcony and and 2 inside rooms for the kids. I remember how narrow those beds were. Did you check under the beds? Some of them have a trundle that sides out. I originally assumed that they were there in case you wanted another to sleep in the cabin.....but maybe they are there to catch you when you fall?

I am teasing a bit, but I agree, the Spirit was wonderful for my family. Food was just "good", can't complain about that. They never once cleaned the balcony glass and by the end of the week you could not see through it....but we lived.....and I did not find the room steward to be very personable (should I demand a refund?)[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I wanted to respond to jennew earlier but thought if I brought this thread up you guys may think I was just being egotistical. Now that chasetf has done it I feel OK.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yes, the Spirit. I just read an interesting review on the ship here on Cruise Critic. It read in part, "the ship was originally designed for the Asian market, hence the smaller beds, lower sinks etc." Years ago I was traveling through Taiwan via train and yes the seats were smaller, more narrow. So that may explain why we fell out of bed. Yes, I looked under the bed (always do) and saw those trundles.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I wrote something on the Celebrity board yesterday that I think is worth repeating here:[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wouldn't it be nice to have a discussion about what is good today, rather than what was better yesterday.[/FONT]

Nothing is perfect. That is what I tell myself. A cruise ship is like a town of 2,500+ floating at sea. How can everything be to everyone's liking 24 hours a day.

I choose to enjoy myself, not whine, pack my patiemce and have a terrific time..

Thanks for your post.

Seeing as I am new to the Princess thread, none of you have heard my favorite remark, "some people think that being on Cruise Critic means they have to Criticize". This is our 13th cruise, but first on Princess. I get sea-sick, and still love cruising.

Oh yeah Sellwingri...
On my first cruise, I was willing to pay double fare to not get off. Now most of my anticipation is working on my next cruise. When, where, etc.

Karen and I have talked about doing something else, but when I start adding the costs involved on other things, I again come back to cruising. This is one of life's best bargains.

Jim

Archived