weather at sea

jdemps

Does anyone know what to expect for the weather while at sea going from Long Beach to Mexican Riviera in July? I'm hoping it cools down at night with the sea air but really have no idea and I've done so many searches with no luck on answers.

Thanks.

I can't say for sure since I've never sailed from the west coast, but generally speaking, it does get cooler at night while at sea- not cool, in July, of course, but cooler than during the day. I always take a sweater or wrap with me on a cruise, but for the indoor spaces on the ship, not outside!

It will cool down at night. Almost cold out of Long Beach, warmer nights as you travel south.

Native Angelenos usually bring something to wear at night out of habit. A hoodie, cardigan, or a Mexican pullover is usually enough. There's a reason that the SoCal kid summer outfit is a hoodie with shorts and flip flops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just returned from this cruise last weekend, both first and last sea days were on the cool side, low 60's and cloudy most of day. The other days were very nice if you enjoy hot and humid which I do. Never seen the ocean as smooth as it was on our return. Thought we were on a lake. The MDR was very cool on several evenings during early setting. We are going on the cruise again 7/29, will pack long sleeve shirts and extra pair of long pants for MDR and an extra jacket/hoody for the two cool days. We do this cruise at least twice a year and the first and last days are always a crap shoot weather wise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the info. We lived in socal for many years and currently live in Denver so the 50s/60s are flip flop weather for us! I plan to prepare to just about melt on this cruise so the cool winds at sea will be a nice break from the hot and humid temps we will see in the ports.

Hot and humid, maybe tropical rain.....lots of thunderstorms, lightning shows at night and a possibility of an early hurricane, though the Pacific Coast does not usually get them until Srptember.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

Sailed out of LA almost a dozen times, never had any of this.

The weather should be quite pleasant, but OP you should check the reports a day or so before sailing.

Sailed out of LA almost a dozen times, never had any of this.

The weather should be quite pleasant, but OP you should check the reports a day or so before sailing.

How do I check the at sea weather? what would I google or look up? thx

Does anyone know what to expect for the weather while at sea going from Long Beach to Mexican Riviera in July? I'm hoping it cools down at night with the sea air but really have no idea and I've done so many searches with no luck on answers.

Thanks.

First night going and last night coming back will be the coolest nights.