Question re Celebrity Solstice - go big promo (Aust booking)

We have recently booked a cruise with our TA on Solstice for next year (16nights) I confirmed that this cruise was eligible for the "go big etc" promotion before booking. After we booked and paid our deposit I queried why this promo wasn't showing up when I view the booking online and the TA has informed me that we will be able to pick our perk after final payment is made (due in December 17). Is this what is happening with everyone's bookings (if booking through a travel/cruise agent)? Hope my query makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That doesn't sound right.

I booked my first Celebrity cruise online and the next two onboard. In all cases I was able to select the perk I wanted at the time of booking. When I look at the booking for my next cruise (not until March 2019) I see two entries under Fares in the Reservation Status section of that webpage:

PROMO2C$-2,026.00

BEVCLINGRAT$2,026.00

The BEVCLINGRAT indicates that I chose the beverage package for the booking and that the gratuities are included in the fare - as they are now for all Aussie bookings.

PROMO2C is the reversal of the cost of the perk indicating that those two items are "included" in the fare.

Hope that makes sense.

I can't see why booking through a TA would be any different from booking through a cruise consultant onboard. Hopefully someone who has booked through a TA will be able to give you more information.

That doesn't sound right.

I booked my first Celebrity cruise online and the next two onboard. In all cases I was able to select the perk I wanted at the time of booking. When I look at the booking for my next cruise (not until March 2019) I see two entries under Fares in the Reservation Status section of that webpage:

PROMO2C$-2,026.00

BEVCLINGRAT$2,026.00

The BEVCLINGRAT indicates that I chose the beverage package for the booking and that the gratuities are included in the fare - as they are now for all Aussie bookings.

PROMO2C is the reversal of the cost of the perk indicating that those two items are "included" in the fare.

Hope that makes sense.

I can't see why booking through a TA would be any different from booking through a cruise consultant onboard. Hopefully someone who has booked through a TA will be able to give you more information.

Yes I thought it odd too. I have checked my booking and reservation status just says BOOKED with no codes, I am going to call my TA today and hope I don't have to rebook/cancel.

Yes I thought it odd too. I have checked my booking and reservation status just says BOOKED with no codes, I am going to call my TA today and hope I don't have to rebook/cancel.

It doesn't sound right at all. Unless there is something special about the booking, you can make the choice at the time of booking.

If you don't make a choice, a default benefit is typically given (normally the drinks package), but that's not what is being looked for in this case.

Try to talk to someone else if a large agent.

On earlier X cruises we were able to check on drinks package perks but for the last couple and the current two it doesn't appear on the website. It does however appear on the Confirmation Invoice - Guest copy which is raised every time a payment is made. If you booked through a TA they can get it for you. OBC as a perk can be found at the top of the page if you go to Cruise Planner on the website. It appears in local dollars

On earlier X cruises we were able to check on drinks package perks but for the last couple and the current two it doesn't appear on the website. It does however appear on the Confirmation Invoice - Guest copy which is raised every time a payment is made. If you booked through a TA they can get it for you. OBC as a perk can be found at the top of the page if you go to Cruise Planner on the website. It appears in local dollars

That's odd, it's showing quite clearly on the website for my next booking - made in February for a March 2019 cruise. That's where I copied the details from in my earlier post #2. Well, maybe clearly isn't quite the appropriate word for their obscure transaction coding but it is recognisable after a bit of thought. :p

Have spoken to my TA and she has reassured me that everything we requested is there. I asked why I cannot view this info on my Celebrity logon and she said as I booked through a TA my logon won't show all the perks/ info until final payment. I called Celebrity and they told me the same in a roundabout way. My TA quickly responded to my query/concern so I am going to trust that all is in order. Thank you for your input guys, much appreciated.

That's odd, it's showing quite clearly on the website for my next booking - made in February for a March 2019 cruise. That's where I copied the details from in my earlier post #2. Well, maybe clearly isn't quite the appropriate word for their obscure transaction coding but it is recognisable after a bit of thought. :p

OBC can be found under cruiser planner as one can now use OBC to prepay excursions and specialty dining requests. Where is the drinks packages now found. They used to be found under order history

Have spoken to my TA and she has reassured me that everything we requested is there. I asked why I cannot view this info on my Celebrity logon and she said as I booked through a TA my logon won't show all the perks/ info until final payment. I called Celebrity and they told me the same in a roundabout way. My TA quickly responded to my query/concern so I am going to trust that all is in order. Thank you for your input guys, much appreciated.

I've never had it shown on Celebrity when booked through a TA. But it will usually (but not always) be on the TA confirmation.

Best to bring it with you though... last Celebrity cruise I had it included, and some other perks. Onboard though, it was a shemozzle and I had to go to guest services multiple times to get things set up. There was no failure from the TA, but the ship had to go back to head office each time to get confirmation, so there was some failure in celebrity systems. It took days to resolve.

Celebrity is a long way from modern luxury. Unfortunately they move further away from it as time goes on.

• 1 year later...

Still exists. That said, for 2018/2019, the season is half over and these offers only apply at "standard pricing". Any sailings that remain in this season may well be marked down for promo pricing or conversely won't have much remaining so won't be marketed as heavily.