amazing hotels in barcelona ?

Ldanna

We used Hotel Continental Barcelona and were very pleased. It is right on La Ramblas and our balcony room

overlooked the street. I would stay there again next time we are in Barcelona. Price was very reasonable too.

On the same note, we used Spain Day Tours for a 1/2 day tour around Barcelona. We were very pleased with the tour and drop off at our hotel....actually dropped off 1/2 block away from Hotel Continental Barcelona since the van could not go on the pedestrian only Las Ramblas. I believe they offer several different tours of Barcelona as well.

We are staying at the Hotel Europark and planning what we will be doing our 4 days pre cruise in Barcelona,

1. will book Barcelona Day Tours with Montserrat

2. Flamenco At Tablao Cordobes

3. HOHO bus tours

4. Tapas Bars

still planning but these are some of what we will be doing

Please tell us more about the Majestic. We are looking to stay there in November and hear good things. Thanks

Just love the location, and the awesome rooftop bar.....we try and find hotels all over Europe with rooftop bars.....it also has been remodeled...and the breakfast is great....can't go wrong here!!

Thanks caripoo!! Do you feel its close enough to do things, (or are we better staying closer to center) like HoHo bus, Las ramblas, Sagrada Familia etc?? We are also thinking of Flamenco At Tablao Cordobes...worth it???

We are staying at Hotel 1898 next week, pre cruise. I've read many wonderful things & the basement pool looks amazing. We got the hotel for a great price as we booked airfare and hotel for 3 nites as pkg, otherwise quite pricey. Its in an amazing old building & with that pool...I am good.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to give a second in support of Hotel Casa Fuster. My husband and I spent 2 nights there pre-cruise on our Honeymoon and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Great location, well-appointed rooms and great breakfast. It's actually one of the few hotels my husband distinctly remembers, which is saying something since most of our trips just all blend together for him.

Good luck with your search!

Thanks everyone!!! I'm looking! Next.... Private tours for excursions or too costly ???

Ldanna. I think you'll find a combination of tours by companies such as Barcelona Day Tours (have used them in the past) and Runner Bean Tours, which offers both FREE walking tours and paid tours to be exceptional. Go out to TripAdvisor (sister company to Cruise Critic) and research Barcelona "Things to Do."

You will LOVE Barca. We are returning in October on our Oceania tour Barcelona to Venice. So much to see and do there!

Happy Travels!

We have have been to Barcelona many times for cruises and the Hotel 1898 is by far our favorite place to stay. You can get a room that overlooks La Rambla with a very small standing patio and it is close to the market and a lot of great restaurants .

We just returned from Med cruise aboard NCL Epic & stayed pre cruise at Hotel 1898. It was lovely, beautiful rooms with very high ceilings. Beautiful woodwork through out and staff was wonderful. Location is perfect, on La Rambla & was close to so many great things. This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in and def would book again. We got an amazing deal as we booked hotel as part of pkg w/airfare, so worth it :)

We stayed at Grand Hotel Central, nice location for exploring and very quiet rooms. We went to Montserrat and Park Guell with Barcelona Day Tours and did the Sagrada Familia with Context Travel. Have used the latter a number of times and think their guides are very informed and very good guides. We ate at Arcano for dinner several times and enjoyed it. It's near the Grand Hotel in one of the colorful winding streets.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can also tell you NOT to use "Barcelona Day Tours", our tour was a HUGE disappointment unfortunately :(

I am looking @ Barcelona Day Tours for my upcoming pre European cruise can you give details as to Y they were a huge disappointment???

I am looking @ Barcelona Day Tours for my upcoming pre

European cruise can you give details as to Y they were a huge disappointment???

Our guide had to drive and guide and couldn't tour with us outside of the van because of parking problems, had a horrible accent that we couldn't understand half of what was being said.

We had a apposite experience with BCN Dream tours

http://bcndreamstours.com