ALLURE - Central Park Balcony questions

Hello! I'm making a reservation on the 1/7/2018 sailing of the Allure. We've cruised several times and usually book a ocean view balcony. The Central Park balconies have the best price.

I was hoping to get some information from someone who's stayed in a Central Park balcony. Are there any that are better situated than others? Any that I should stay away from?

I'd be interested to hear the pros and cons.

Thank you in advance for sharing the info.

:)

I personally haven't stayed in a CP cabin but I have read here on CC that some cabins are next to a "living garden plant wall"...example cabin # 11229...seems like these next to it might be a nice option if available. Hope this tiny bit of info helps.

I would not stay in a Central Park balcony. It is very warm and stuffy in that area. Maybe book a Central Park balcony and keep checking prices. We have booked a boardwalk balcony twice and have been able to get an ocean view balcony both times without any extra cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would not stay in a Central Park balcony. It is very warm and stuffy in that area.

It depends. We had both a Central Park balcony and an Oceanview balcony on the same sailing of Allure. It was late August and there was a tropical storm several hundred miles away. The Central Park balcony was more comfortable (less hot and humid) than the Oceanview balcony. We hardly used the OV balcony and got tons of use out of the CP balcony

I stayed in a CP balcony on Allure on deck 12. I usually get a OV, but I liked it a lot. So much so I booked another on a B2B2B. I like getting up in the morning and watching the band play from my balcony. And also the music in CP at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have had CP Balcony's on both Allure and Oasis in multiple locations on Deck 10 and 11. All of them were great! I did find that the one we had near the aft elevator shaft was the most convenient for access to most area's on the ship!

We did a BW Balcony last year and had a cabin 3 from the end. Had a great view of the ocean from there and could see the AT but it wasn't comfortable viewing. We had to lean over the railing to see the actual Stage\Pool area, or had to watch the screens.

FOLLOWING! We have a Central Park balcony booked on Allure for this coming October. We always have gone with an ocean view balcony but wanted to try something new and the price was right. We ended up booking one on the 14th floor because being up higher is cooler (like more awesome)... right??? Well I have heard what Bob had mentioned before that the 14th floor can get noise from the pool deck above... Hoping its not too bad but I am excited to have a view of the park in the mornings and the evening and to have some background music.

I have been in two CP balconies on Allure and loved them each time. Both were on Deck 10 and I purposely chose the cabin in the middle of the "hump" to get the biggest balcony. It's not really that big of a deal, but if you look at the deck plans each group of three CP cabins form a balcony hump with the two outer ones being slightly smaller due to the angle of the hump. As an example, look at Cabin 10185 to see what I mean about the slightly larger balcony. I have this cabin booked on Harmony in January as for me it's ideal.

I was on the Allure a month ago in a Central Park Balcony cabin. 12239 and 12241. I was happy with it. It wasn't too loud, too hot or too stuffy. I didn't hear too much from the pool area and barely anything from Central Park. I'd avoid 14 because of the pool noise and the floor just above the Park for privacy reasons. Central Park doesn't get very loud.

My only negatives with a Central Park Balcony cabin is the lack of a view and lack of privacy. You're basically staring at a bunch of balconies unless you look down and see the park. I'm used to see water and not have people staring back at me. I'd do it again if I got a good deal but I prefer an ocean view to remind me that I'm on a cruise.