Jumping from gold to ruby with future reservations

matadams4u

I learned something today. If you have multiple future reservations the booking summary reflects the status when you made the reservation. So if you booked as gold but you turn ruby you need to call to have the status changed on the future booking and also ask for the insurance upgrade. The same thing when going from ruby to platinum you all to have the status changed on future bookings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I learned something today. If you have multiple future reservations the booking summary reflects the status when you made the reservation. So if you booked as gold but you turn ruby you need to call to have the status changed on the future booking and also ask for the insurance upgrade. The same thing when going from ruby to platinum you all to have the status changed on future bookings.

I always thought the cruise must be completed before one gets credit for it. :confused:

I always thought the cruise must be completed before one gets credit for it. :confused:

It does.

What the OP is saying is if you book two cruises while with gold status, both will be marked as gold.

After completing the first cruise and turning ruby, the second will still be marked as gold until you call and ask the status to be corrected.

I bioked three future cruises when I had two credits. I completed one solo that made me ruby. The next cruise still shows me as gold on the booking since I was gold at time of bokking. I will be platinum after the next cruise (travelling solo) and I will need to have the status in those three bookings upgraded.

When I booked cruises the status was as you said, whatever it was when I booked. But after I moved to the next level, it eventually upgraded on its own without me having to call. By the time I printed out the Boarding Passes all was as it should have been. So it may not be necessary to call and update unless you want it reflected ASAP.

It has been about six weeks and I was printing out my boarding passes. I still have two more bookings showing gold and one shows ruby. I will watch and see what happens - by the next cruise I will be platinum. Probably depends on how often they run a report and either run a script or manually update bookings.

I was on a B2B in the same cabin and went from Platinum to Elite after the first cruise. When I printed the boarding documents before the cruises, the Travel Summary for the 1st cruise showed Platinum and the 2nd one showed Elite.

I didn't have to do anything and the change to Elite worked fine. When the second cruise started I picked up new Key cards at reception (which I had to do anyway because I had the AIBP and needed the sticker for the second cruise). The minibar perk just showed up in the stateroom without my doing anything.

It has been about six weeks and I was printing out my boarding passes. I still have two more bookings showing gold and one shows ruby. I will watch and see what happens - by the next cruise I will be platinum. Probably depends on how often they run a report and either run a script or manually update bookings.

Just call Princess. Ask them to refresh the loyalty level on the booking and all will be well...