Albergo Sole al Pantheon

jeanine

Hello all, I stayed at the Senato a few years ago post cruise, I agree it was wonderful, today's pricing is not so wonderful almost $400 per night! We are going next May, the Sole al Pantheon is significantly lower. WE booked it! was hoping some of my fellow Oceania travelers had stayed there in the past

We stay at the Albergo Del Senato whenever we are in Rome. It is a great hotel with a spectacular view from the rooftop bar. If you can, ask for one of the rooms in the front of the building and wake up to a great view of the Pantheon every day.

Just as another note, when I stayed there in October, I had a medical emergency and I can't say enough how helpful the staff there was. I was staying there alone that time and they really took care of me. It was a scary situation and they made me feel that I wasn't alone. Here are pics from the rooftop bar and from my room.

1109043385_IMG_17182.jpg.b71bc62d17189c17e22c64ccb0f29a8d.jpg

214487934_IMG_1719(3).JPG.1d6a174b98602af19bca57330ac8bb7e.JPG

I also love the del Senato; I've stayed there 4-5 times but I agree the prices are getting high. :loudcry:

I have stayed at a lot of hotels around Rome -- I would not recommend the Albergo Pantheon al Sole if you are expecting a similar experience. If you like the location near the Pantheon, I would instead look at Albergo Santa Chiara. It does not have the views of the del Senato (it's tucked in behind the Pantheon) but it reminds me of the del Senato about 6-7 years ago when it was a little less 'decorated' but still a very charming hotel with good service and a decent breakfast.

Edited to add: Santa Chiara is about 100 spots higher on the TripAdvisor list of hotels for Rome than the Albergo Pantheon al Sole.