First Platinum Cruise questions

sp29488

This will be our first cruise as platinum. I'm thinking the complimentary water, beverage coupon and pin will be in the cabin when we arrive. When does the others show up? Strawberry plate, VIFP party invite, Logo gift? Also, since my husband and I both will be platinum do they leave to plates, gifts, etc or just one? Thanks for the help.

The gift and the plate of sweets should show up on your first CE night.

Each of you will get a gift. Only one plate. Only times we've gotten more than one was when there are different last names or a Diamond and a Platinum have been in the same cabin.

The invite can show up whenever.

You should both get the gifts. As far as when everything shows up, we have seen that all over the board.

Sometimes drink coupon has been in room when we get their, other times it was midweek. Past guest party invite usually comes a couple of days in. Biggest benefit is the free laundry. It's nice to have a couple of loads done before the trip home.

The 3 bags of laundry is per person. I've never gotten more than the 1 free strawberries but we get 2 gifts. The invite usually comes the night or 2 before the event. The drink coupons are usually in our room when we check in.

This will be our first cruise as platinum. I'm thinking the complimentary water, beverage coupon and pin will be in the cabin when we arrive. When does the others show up? Strawberry plate, VIFP party invite, Logo gift? Also, since my husband and I both will be platinum do they leave to plates, gifts, etc or just one? Thanks for the help.

Congratulation on becoming platinum. I agree with the others that it's anybody's guess when you will receive the gifts, strawberry plate, and pin. The best advice I can give is to ask your cabin steward upon embarkation. In my experience, you will always receive a platinum gift and party invite for each platinum cruiser.

We cruise with three Platinum cruisers in the same cabin and we all three receive the gifts but we have only ever received 1 plate of strawberries. The free drink coupons and pins are usually in the cabin when we arrive but when we receive the Party invite varies.

We love the free laundry as it allows us to pack less. Enjoy your Platinum status!

All the little things like strawberries and such are nice and good, but the only thing I value as Platinum status is the FREE LAUNDRY.

Nothing else to me really matters.

Good luck

Congrats on acheiving this - you can now pack less since you're eligible for 3 bags of laundry gratis on a week long cruise! Enjoy the priority boarding, tender service and debarkation as well.

Ha~ pack less, that's a thought. I actually have all my clothes washed toward the end of the cruise, check everything when it comes back of course but put everything back in the bags and right in my suitcase., When I get home, no laundry to do and unpacking is very easy. :)

All the little things like strawberries and such are nice and good, but the only thing I value as Platinum status is the FREE LAUNDRY.

Good luck

We also love the free laundry, but ... priority embarkation/debarkation? Priority tendering? Those can be very beneficial depending on the cruise.

I would be happy to not get both plates of strawberries, and now we may get four with the kids having achieved platinum. I'm not likely to talk to the room steward for fear of a misunderstanding where we'll miss out on the presents. The new one "sounds" interesting.

Bon Voyage!

Good luck

I SOOO agree with this. It allows us to fly with carry-on luggage only.

You should both get the gifts. As far as when everything shows up, we have seen that all over the board.

Sometimes drink coupon has been in room when we get their, other times it was midweek. Past guest party invite usually comes a couple of days in. Biggest benefit is the free laundry. It's nice to have a couple of loads done before the trip home.

how do you take advantage of the free laundry? are there special laundry bags or tickets

how do you take advantage of the free laundry? are there special laundry bags or tickets

The laundry bags and laundry forms should be in the vanity drawer. (If not, ask your cabin steward.) On the top right of the laundry form is a shaded box with instructions for Diamond and Platinum cruisers. We wrote one of our Folio Numbers in the box (remember to keep track of which you use when) and checked Same Day Service. The laundry needed to be picked up by 9:00 AM by the cabin steward. We've always had our laundry returned either right before we went to dinner or during evening turn down service.

We LOVE the laundry service. We packed four days of clothes for our 13 day Panama Canal cruise. Since we had five free bags per person, we sent out laundry just about every day. We didn't care that people saw us in the same clothes every few days. :eek: It was wonderful coming home with a suitcase full of clean clothes.

My record is 28 articles of clothing going out dirty in one bag and returning clean in three bags. :D

thank you for your answer. one more question. do you put the bag ot side your door? how do you know if you leave it in the rom if the room steward gets it before 9am ?

The laundry bags and laundry forms should be in the vanity drawer. (If not, ask your cabin steward.) On the top right of the laundry form is a shaded box with instructions for Diamond and Platinum cruisers. We wrote one of our Folio Numbers in the box (remember to keep track of which you use when) and checked Same Day Service. The laundry needed to be picked up by 9:00 AM by the cabin steward. We've always had our laundry returned either right before we went to dinner or during evening turn down service.

We LOVE the laundry service. We packed four days of clothes for our 13 day Panama Canal cruise. Since we had five free bags per person, we sent out laundry just about every day. We didn't care that people saw us in the same clothes every few days. :eek: It was wonderful coming home with a suitcase full of clean clothes.

My record is 28 articles of clothing going out dirty in one bag and returning clean in three bags. :D

thank you for your answer. one more question. do you put the bag ot side your door? how do you know if you leave it in the rom if the room steward gets it before 9am ?

We've always left it on the bed prior to evening service, and it is returned sometime the next day. I wouldn't leave it outside the door, as it could be stolen or even taken for trash, but others may have a different opinion.

We wrote one of our Folio Numbers in the box (remember to keep track of which you use when) and checked Same Day Service.
Same day service is included under the VIFP credit? We've never though about doing that, but if the kids spilled something on their formal clothes or such, might come in handy. I assume you had to call to get a pick up that early in the morning?

My record is 28 articles of clothing going out dirty in one bag and returning clean in three bags.

Yeah, I love that. It feels like such a bargain when you seem to get back more than you sent off. :D

We leave the laundry bag on the bed. Our cabin steward or assistant is usually somewhere in the hallway when we leave the cabin so we tell him/her. We also let him/he know the night before that we'll have laundry in the morning.

We've always left it on the bed prior to evening service, and it is returned sometime the next day. I wouldn't leave it outside the door, as it could be stolen or even taken for trash, but others may have a different opinion.

Same day service is included under the VIFP credit? We've never though about doing that, but if the kids spilled something on their formal clothes or such, might come in handy. I assume you had to call to get a pick up that early in the morning?

Sure does!

Yeah, I love that. It feels like such a bargain when you seem to get back more than you sent off. :D

Stuffing the bags have become a game.

Ha~ pack less, that's a thought. I actually have all my clothes washed toward the end of the cruise, check everything when it comes back of course but put everything back in the bags and right in my suitcase., When I get home, no laundry to do and unpacking is very easy. :)

I bought lots of The Everyday Tee by Sonoma at Kohl's. They're 60% cotton and 40% poly so they launder beautifully.