Comfort Card....What do you choose?

Midwestgal

We just got off the Magic on Sunday, from an 8 night. Our steward came on Saturday to introduce himself, with the comfort card. I picked BOTH and he was fine with that.

We come back to the cabin a lot during the day to take "room breaks" and just like to lie or plop on the beds. I prefer they were made. :'):')

And when we get back at night, we like the turndown with towel animals and the ambiance of the room.

Again, he seemed fine with it, and it's what we like.

We also ask for both A.M. and P.M. service. It's nice to have the room nicely put together when we stop back in during the day, and nice to have the ice refilled for both afternoon and evening/late night drinks. Also, depending on our activities, it's also nice to have fresh towels in the cabin if we need them (sometimes different family members are off doing different things, and shower at different times than right before dinner).

I really hope that we will be able to continue selecting the same twice a day service that we've always enjoyed, but am thinking that this is the first taste of reduced cabin service to come. Deal breaker? No, of course not. A bit disappointing? Sure.

I only choose AM. I know I'll be out most of the day. When I come back in the afternoon everything is done.

I may take an afternoon nap, or lie in bed. The steward still freshened up the room in the evenings, and left an animal.

Some nights I come back to the cabin early. I don't want to find the steward there.

I have chosen both in the past, but next cruise I will ask evening only. It is an 8 day cruise with only three ports, and in one we don't arrive until 1pm. My sister has a hard time getting out of bed before noon. Too many years of 3-11 shift... We usually shower before dinner, early seating, so it should work out well. EM

I will ask for both until they flat out change the policy. DH and I are very neat and all but make the bed (they do it better with such skill that Houdini couldn't undo) in the morning. So since we shower before dinner, if I have to chose, it will be pm service for a clean bathroom and towels and a turned down bed.

As for my boys' room - that's a whole different matter. I really need a sign that says something to the effect of bio hazard - enter at your own risk. I warn the room steward up front not to feel compelled to spend any time in there - grab dirty towels and toss in fresh. The pig sty is hard to contain with my wonderful brilliant oldest...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will ask for both until they flat out change the policy. DH and I are very neat and all but make the bed (they do it better with such skill that Houdini couldn't undo) in the morning. So since we shower before dinner, if I have to chose, it will be pm service for a clean bathroom and towels and a turned down bed.

As for my boys' room - that's a whole different matter. I really need a sign that says something to the effect of bio hazard - enter at your own risk. I warn the room steward up front not to feel compelled to spend any time in there - grab dirty towels and toss in fresh. The pig sty is hard to contain with my wonderful brilliant oldest...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same issue. Our kiddos lived out of their suitcases. I felt awful for the SA. Basically it matched their bedrooms back home by day 2.

What are the typical time for AM and PM? My boyfriend is a late sleeper, so on sea days he's not going to like being disturbed. When we stay in hotels, we never get housekeeping the entire time we're there. I'm a bit OCD so our rooms are always tidy. I guess I'm asking if you HAVE to have it at all?

I'm trying to decide the best way to go as far as cabin service . Is the A.M better or should I pick the P.M. , maybe I should pick twice a day.

What's your preference and why?

We prefer PM and ask for extra towels and ice. This way we can sleep in and not worry about getting out of the room so they can clean on sea days or when we decide to stay on the ship at some ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanksgiving on the Dream will be our first cruise on Carnival with this new "comfort card" thing. We will be choosing both AM and PM service. When did this become a "thing?" It wasn't that long ago that we sailed Carnival, and we have sailed both RC and NCL since 2016 and there was no question that the steward made up the room twice daily.

Thanksgiving on the Dream will be our first cruise on Carnival with this new "comfort card" thing. We will be choosing both AM and PM service. When did this become a "thing?" It wasn't that long ago that we sailed Carnival, and we have sailed both RC and NCL since 2016 and there was no question that the steward made up the room twice daily.

It's called trying to keep the cost of cruising down.

What are the typical time for AM and PM? My boyfriend is a late sleeper, so on sea days he's not going to like being disturbed. When we stay in hotels, we never get housekeeping the entire time we're there. I'm a bit OCD so our rooms are always tidy. I guess I'm asking if you HAVE to have it at all?

I'm sure you could. You might want fresh towels though, I guess you could just ask for them when you see your steward.

We've done evening generally only - Like most no need for a made bed during the day really. We have however asked our stewards to fill the ice, clean the plates (we don't like leaving in the hall), and we'll leave him/her a note saying what little things we would love to have when we return for the evening. Usually this works out great for us and we tip accordingly but they don't have to waste the time doing all the little things.