Sea Trek St Maarten

Has anyone done this excursion? Is it worth it? My husband and I are thinking about it but would love some feedback. Also, do you snorkel and helmet dive off the boat they pick you up on or do you do everything off the tiki hut area. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this last year and loved it! Yes, I'd say it's worth it. The boat takes you to the hut on a platform in the sea, which has a ladder into the water. They place the helmet on your shoulders and you climb down the ladder to the sea floor. There's a trail laid out which you walk along as a group. They'll stop you at various points along the way to take photos (which you can buy, if you want), give you things like crabs and sea urchins to hold and squeeze fish food into your hands.

When we did it, we were split into two groups due to the limited number of helmets. When your group wasn't under the water, you could swim / float in the area around the platform and they had pool noodles and things you could use. I think they had drinks and snacks on offer too,

Did it last year and absolutely loved it. I don't like getting my ears wet so this was/is the closest I'll ever get to scuba diving. It really is an amazing experience.

As long as you can pop your ears (like on an airplane) you'll be fine. They made SUCH a BIG deal out of this I was starting to freak out. But it's just like being on an airplane.

Loved it and highly recommend it. Let me know if you have any specific questions!