How do you fit 4 people in an inside/window room on NCL epic?

CruisingUS

I was wondering if anyone had success cramming 4 people in an inside room. Where does the 4th person sleep? From my understanding, they pull up a cot for the 3rd person, but what does the 4th person go? :confused:

I book 2 rooms. But things like this make me very curious as to where the fourth person sleeps. On the floor?

I was wondering if anyone had success cramming 4 people in an inside room. Where does the 4th person sleep? From my understanding, they pull up a cot for the 3rd person, but what does the 4th person go? :confused: I book 2 rooms. But things like this make me very curious as to where the fourth person sleeps. On the floor?

Two beds. Two pullmans. No space.

Space is tight, as noted, but not impossible & with the Free At Seas promotion - rest assured that others have done this and came back, survived their time onboard cruising.

Here's a YT video link - showing the 3rd. bed - the 4th bed if available, would be recessed above into the ceiling when not in use. The better configuration would be to setup 2 sets of bunk - upper & lower, leaving the middle "aisle" open (about a foot and a half to 2 ft. at most) to sit and move around.

Think of it as sleeping on a deluxe Amtrak overnight "bedroom" for 4 ... for the week or whatever duration, and you are fine. Furnishings are much nicer than Amtrak long distance trains. there's room for storing suitcases under the bed ... packing light always help as are being neat & organized. If you don't spend a lot of time in the room and the itinerary is port intensive - use it to change, store clothing, shower & change, & do make-ups, etc. - make good use of all the public space on the ship during the day, mornings & evenings. It is cramped but you are still on a cruise, make the best good use of it and enjoy !

On the newest ships, there is a Family Oceanview (O1), which is actually quite spacious. It sleeps 4-5, has a curtain to divide the room into 2 areas, has extra closet space, and has a larger bathroom than most oceanview cabins. It has the space of a minisuite, but no balcony. Also, since the room is laid out differently than most oceanview rooms, you can actually get up close to the window without climbing on a bed to do so.

Space is tight, as noted, but not impossible & with the Free At Seas promotion - rest assured that others have done this and came back, survived their time onboard cruising.

Here's a YT video link - showing the 3rd. bed - the 4th bed if available, would be recessed above into the ceiling when not in use. The better configuration would be to setup 2 sets of bunk - upper & lower, leaving the middle "aisle" open (about a foot and a half to 2 ft. at most) to sit and move around.

Think of it as sleeping on a deluxe Amtrak overnight "bedroom" for 4 ... for the week or whatever duration, and you are fine. Furnishings are much nicer than Amtrak long distance trains. there's room for storing suitcases under the bed ... packing light always help as are being neat & organized. If you don't spend a lot of time in the room and the itinerary is port intensive - use it to change, store clothing, shower & change, & do make-ups, etc. - make good use of all the public space on the ship during the day, mornings & evenings. It is cramped but you are still on a cruise, make the best good use of it and enjoy !

I would have never guessed in a million years that the bed was in the ceiling. Are there 2 bunk beds on inside cabins for the epic?

I would have never guessed in a million years that the bed was in the ceiling. Are there 2 bunk beds on inside cabins for the epic?
Now that you saw that YT video, believe it and there are a few more Epic Insides ... click & watch them as one of them might just be one that sleep 4.

It's understood that the such Inside stateroom that sleep 4 could be set up as a Queen on the "lower" level and 2 (ceiling) drop-down pullman - and 2 ladders, 1 on each side of the wall to climb up & down. The other setup would be to split up the Queen into 2 single bed & set them apart, against the opposing walls, directly below the pullman beds ... in effect, for all practical purposes - a "virtual" bunk bed setup (minus the vertical poles/post or beams, whatever one wish to call ... LOL) - this setup would yield a little more usable floor space instead of the pullman over the Queen bed.

Space is tight but it is "livable" for frugal families and 4 travelers wishing to save money & to spend their money on something else. NCL's newer ships are not known for being spacious (aside from those who "cite" their Haven or suites, etc. ... yada, yada - which are still "smallish" compared to ... Epic does have Insides that sleep 4, in the family sub-category but also "regular" Insides sleeping 4 - at 128 sq.ft. vs. the newer *Away ships at 135 sq. ft. (shorter by a foot in length as width is about the same)

Look at the published Epic floorplan & read some of the recent reviews, you should notice the "unique" & distinctive layout of the shower & toilet area, with a sliding curtain that separate it from the sleeping area, and the wash basin on the other side of the curtain - some folks find it odd while others don't have issues, especially when 3 or 4 occupants are sharing such limited space, to be able to brush & wash up while up to 2 others can each do their bathroom "task" independently.

Anyone who's ever seen and/or sleep abroad a navy ship - triple "hot" bunking would have no problems whatsoever with such a "generous" setup on the Epic and other NCL ships for that matter.

On the newer *Away ships, the Family Oceanviews (not on the Epic) is very spacious & roomy, with a full size sofabed plus a upper pullman, and a curtain that give visual privacy to the main sleeping area with a Queen bed (or 2 single bed) - bigger than the standard balcony. Not an option, however, on the Epic - you can do a quick search on YT and find reviews for your reference.

I was wondering if anyone had success cramming 4 people in an inside room. Where does the 4th person sleep? From my understanding, they pull up a cot for the 3rd person, but what does the 4th person go? :confused:

I book 2 rooms. But things like this make me very curious as to where the fourth person sleeps. On the floor?

No way it's too crowded.

As I said earlier some have two pullmans some have one pull,man and one trundle. You have to look at the description of the cabin when you book.

Thanks. I missed that part.

I was trying to imagine where the 4th person would sleep. Like a sleeping bag in the room or on the lawn chairs like what people do on balconies or shacking up with a wink wink

I'm not sure what a wink wink is but we have had four in an inside on one cruise. Yes it was a tad crowded but in actuality most passengers tend to spend little time in the cabins anyway. There should always be many places on the ship to have a good time and if you look for them you can find some nice quiet secluded places even on the most crowded ships.

Usually wink wink means "I am kidding"...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A friend who has been the third in a cabin said she would often use the locker room facilities at the gym to shower to help alleviate the crowded feeling in the cabin when getting ready for dinner. She said the showers were much larger than the standard cabin showers, too.

(Disclaimer - this was not necessarily on NCL. She cruises frequently and has been on many cruise lines. Not sure you can do this on all of them.)