NCL Escape to Bermuda 2018 pricing?

styme123

I looking to book a balcony room on the Escape June 24, 2018 from NYC to Bermuda, but I'm nervous that I'm paying too much. A balcony would be about $3,800-$3,900 depending on aft, mid, forward. That would include 2 packages ( I would do the drinks and specialty dining) and $100 OBC. The sale is on for 2 more days. The prices for the 2017 this summer are about $700 less. (3,100 guaranteed). I'm pretty new to the whole cruising experience, do most people just take their chances and wait till the last minute to get a great price? The only other cruise I went on before was last summer to Alaska but there were 7 of us going so I booked earlier since I didn't want to take a chance that we all couldn't get on. When I checked the moth before my cruise, I was glad I did since everything was sold out. This time I'm more flexible since there are just 2 of us.

Does anyone use other online websites to book their cruises, like Kayak, Costco, AAA? Is there any difference pro/con then doing it from NCL yourself?

The warehouse stores will offer gift cards with bookings. Sometimes some OBC.

Deposits for Reservations through NCL are fully refundable through final payment next year. You can always cnanccel and rebook if you can get a better deal. You will get the perks offered at that time.

I believe that everyone has the same price. They are not allowed to undercut the price. However, different cruise agents can offer additional perks or on board credits. If there is more than 3 in a cabin, you can get a better deal by booking during school season. That's when they usually run 3rd and 4th passengers sail free. That always saves me huge money!

It seems like the really lower prices are only offered after the 90 day period when everyone else has given their final deposits. Has anyone else been able to call after the 90 days and get a price change? I think for now I'm just going to book a cabin this way I have something and then just see how it plays out before the final payent is due. Now to figure out the place to be:D

I've heard a little about getting bids for upgrades. Is there a certain time when they will offer them? Like they only send you them after your final deposit or only the last 2 weeks before you sail. How common are they, or is it only a very small percentage? Does it happen more with certain types of cabins then others? Sorry so many questions a bit of a newbie :o

Can you sail early June as prices are lower? I'm only speculating here but with Escape being new to NYC I'm thinking it will be pretty popular and prices will only rise as time goes on. Best guess for price drops would be 45 days before sailing but then your left to what is available.

Can you sail early June as prices are lower? I'm only speculating here but with Escape being new to NYC I'm thinking it will be pretty popular and prices will only rise as time goes on. Best guess for price drops would be 45 days before sailing but then your left to what is available.

I work in a school so I'm pretty locked it to when I can go. My husband can only take vacation time in the summer months. :( We finish school next year on June 22 so the June 24 date was perfect. We're planning on going to Ireland in August so end of June-July was a good date. That's a good point about the Escape being new to NY never thought of that. I live in NY, so that's why I picked it, no planes:D

When you say prices for 2017 are $700 less than prices for 2018, what are you comparing? Are you comparing prices of Escape in Caribbean 2017 vs. Escape to Bermuda in 2018, or are you comparing prices of Breakaway to Bermuda in 2017 vs. Escape to Bermuda in 2018?

Bermuda cruises are always priced a little higher than Caribbean cruises, if that's the comparison you are making. Otherwise, you are comparing an older, smaller ship with a much better newer ship. You aren't making an even comparison either way.

When you say prices for 2017 are $700 less than prices for 2018, what are you comparing? Are you comparing prices of Escape in Caribbean 2017 vs. Escape to Bermuda in 2018, or are you comparing prices of Breakaway to Bermuda in 2017 vs. Escape to Bermuda in 2018?

Bermuda cruises are always priced a little higher than Caribbean cruises, if that's the comparison you are making. Otherwise, you are comparing an older, smaller ship with a much better newer ship. You aren't making an even comparison either way.

I was comparing Breakaway to Bermuda 2017 to Escape Bermuda 2018. Good point, I about being a newer ship. I never thought about that. I'm kind of new to this whole cruising thing but I'm learning a lot from all the great comments and feedback on CC.

I've heard a little about getting bids for upgrades. Is there a certain time when they will offer them? Like they only send you them after your final deposit or only the last 2 weeks before you sail. How common are they, or is it only a very small percentage? Does it happen more with certain types of cabins then others? Sorry so many questions a bit of a newbie :o

A balcony could qualify you for the Upgrade Advantage Program. However, if you do use a TA, ask them if they participate. Not all TAs participate. You have to have sent in your final payment. You would get an email to bid from NCL at 80 days prior to sailing. There are several other threads with success/failure stories that you may want to read.

A balcony could qualify you for the Upgrade Advantage Program. However, if you do use a TA, ask them if they participate. Not all TAs participate. You have to have sent in your final payment. You would get an email to bid from NCL at 80 days prior to sailing. There are several other threads with success/failure stories that you may want to read.

I actually just booked the cruise yesterday directly with NCL, Bermuda on the Escape June 24 2018! I used a AAA travel agent the last time I did a cruise to Alaska and it really wasn't anything I couldn't have just booked or done myself. If anything I felt like I knew more than they did from just reading all the treads here. I booked the Spa balcony so maybe I'd get a chance for an upgrade:D. I was going to just go with a balcony and get the spa packages separate to save the $100 difference instead of the spa balcony, but I didn't know if the spa packages go quick and I really wanted them. I figured if I have the room it's a guarantee. I can always change it later anyway.

If you book it now, you can always cancel and rebook as long as you are not within 90 days of sail date. Our last cruise (Breakaway to the Bahamas), I had our TA cancel and rebook 4 times due to price drops and better perks. We are sailing on the Escape the first week of May 2018. I can't wait! Hope you have a great cruise!

I actually just booked the cruise yesterday directly with NCL, Bermuda on the Escape June 24 2018! I used a AAA travel agent the last time I did a cruise to Alaska and it really wasn't anything I couldn't have just booked or done myself. If anything I felt like I knew more than they did from just reading all the treads here. I booked the Spa balcony so maybe I'd get a chance for an upgrade:D. I was going to just go with a balcony and get the spa packages separate to save the $100 difference instead of the spa balcony, but I didn't know if the spa packages go quick and I really wanted them. I figured if I have the room it's a guarantee. I can always change it later anyway.

Have a great trip. We sail two weeks before you.