Home from Maasdam Boston to Montreal Cruise

tewmom1

Thank you SO much for this review. My husband and I are doing this next cruise September for our 36th anniversary. We will be coming up from the Washington DC area. I was seriously considering doing round-trip flight to Boston and then driving back from Montreal to BOS. My initial look at car rental was high however.

I KNOW my husband would love to see Puffins! Also the Bald Eagles looked like an adult and chick?

Sorry but the puffins are gone by mid August, I believe

Rachel

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a lovely review and photo-tour. Original poster, you should consider sending some of your photos to the HAL Mariner magazine; they are outstanding, deserve publication, and I would hope that the Mariner magazine editors would appreciate them.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Canada. FYI, there is train service from Montreal to NYC, through Amtrack--two trains daily. It is an all day trip but, given the "fun" of air travel these days, might be an option for some. Once in NYC, I suppose there are convenient rail options to major cities?

Part of what takes time when flying to the US from Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver is that one pre-clears US INS/Customs after checking in for ones flight in those major Canadian airports. The lines for US INS can be long, for those of us not "nexused".

Smooth sailing,

No, we are on the July 7th cruise. I'll be sure to post a review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think I was thinking that this was that other Maasdam thread where the poster was just back from going from Montreal to Boston, not the Boston to Montreal. So you are going the opposite way from the OP from the thread, and we are going the same way. Obviously we are not going the same dates.

But, please take good care of the ship for us.

We are on the Montreal to Boston cruise leaving August 5. What were the temperature ranges? I saw your sea day pictures of a couple on the deck in long sleaves and with a lap blanket. We live in New Orleans and I am in shorts and t-shirts for well over half the year, so I do not have a perspective on expected temperature ranges in early August along our cruise stops.

Thank you for that great review and your amazing photos. Loved the ship in the puddle and the basilica pictures. I grew up in Montreal and it has been a long time since I have been in Notre Dame. I have wanted to do this cruise for quite awhile as I think it would be neat to sail out of Montreal. We have been to Boston and love that city. Your photos have peaked my interest again. Thanks for a great review!